Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you're upgrading to 10.13.4, with the PMHeart patch, you wouldn't use the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext......???
I don't have a Z370 motherboard, so I don't know the answer. I thought at least the usb 2.0 ports should work without any patch on any system. They always have.

I made my build according to Pastryschef (except for GPU and few other non important things) but I have NOT used his EFI folder, nor anybodys else, only SSDT mapped for Asus mobo USB ports.

"My Google" is hardly broken as there is no XHCI-300-series-injector.kext download repository. I don't take a renamed kext from someones else EFI folder as a repository.

Took from Info.plist of Pastryschef EFI folder XHCI-300 kext:
Code:
<string>0.5.0 Open Source 2015, 200-series XHCI injector</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>org.rehabman.injector.200-series-XHCI</string>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundleName</key>
    <string>Injector for 200-series Intel XHCI Controllers</string>

So, where to download it?

Last edited:
Per site rules, you need to have your system specifications entered into your profile (as those who have posted above and below you do) or no one will be able to help you as they have no idea what hardware you're running.

I'm not asking for help, my Vanilla install runs great, I'm just curious where to get that mysterious XHCI-300 kext. Signature added, thanks for note.

I'm not asking for help, my Vanilla install runs great, I'm just curious where to get that mysterious XHCI-300 kext. Signature added, thanks for note.
My apologies if you've already answered this but have you tried the PMHeart USB3 patch mentioned in post #84?

Well, I'm back at 10.13.3 until I figure out this "still waiting .....for godot...."(ooh, anybody get the joke there?)

But as an act of goodwill, this is the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, a mystery no more.....works for me on 10.13.3! No guarantees, of course......

Attachments

• XHCI-300-series-injector.kext
    0 bytes · Views: 568
Installed the latest Nvidia driver and have no lag - but then I use Firefox and sometimes Chrome so just for "fun", I DID open up Safari and yeah, it is laggy. Don't know why that one app chunks while everything else is fine. And yes, even Metal is enabled.

Good to know. I will try it when I get home. I use Firefox because Chrome is more susceptible to the lag. How do you know Metal is enabled?

Well, I'm back at 10.13.3 until I figure out this "still waiting .....for godot...."(ooh, anybody get the joke there?)

But as an act of goodwill, this is the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, a mystery no more.....works for me on 10.13.3! No guarantees, of course......
You should have added @ Samuel Beckett :) If you have a spare hard drive, try a fresh install with 10.13.4. It's easier to troubleshoot.

I made my build according to Pastryschef (except for GPU and few other non important things) but I have NOT used his EFI folder, nor anybodys else, only SSDT mapped for Asus mobo USB ports.

"My Google" is hardly broken as there is no XHCI-300-series-injector.kext download repository. I don't take a renamed kext from someones else EFI folder as a repository.

Took from Info.plist of Pastryschef EFI folder XHCI-300 kext:
Code:
<string>0.5.0 Open Source 2015, 200-series XHCI injector</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>org.rehabman.injector.200-series-XHCI</string>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundleName</key>
    <string>Injector for 200-series Intel XHCI Controllers</string>

So, where to download it?

As far as I know, the 200 and 300 series both use 8086:a2af for USB. That's what I've been using for a few months on my Z370 and haven't had any issues.

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 6.03.31 PM.png

Last edited:
Update process went smoothly, but afterwards I'd get stuck part way through boot. Had to update CoreDisplayFixup.kext to the latest version which has been patched for 10.13.4, and all is working again. Other than that no other problems.

I'd greatly appreciate if you can push these changes to CoreDisplayFixup and any other you have done to your github for the Q534UX Laptop model. Thanks.

New patch needed:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==