Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, interesting that screenshot. I've seen a few folks use FakeCPUID - what's the benefit of this? I don't have anything in that field and am wondering if I can improve my machine by using a fake ID.
Good spot. That's a hangover from some fiddling. If you have have a supported processor I don't think you need think it. i.e it will make no difference.

Last edited:
Yeah, my machine definitely sleeps. I'm using the exact same ig-platform-id. What do you mean by "headlessly"? Do you experience the graphics card performance degradation after playing videos in VLC or playing a game? Is your IGPU disabled in your bios? And how would one go about enabling video hardware encoding? And OMG, I had no idea that the wake from Bluetooth feature was an option. I'll have to check when I'm home, although I'm a little worried because ALL of my USB connections disconnect during sleep.

Sorry for all the questions, you've been extremely helpful!
No I don't think I experience a degradation, but I don't game or have had problems playing back videos in VLC. Yes, iGPU enabled in BIOS. Can you see your iGPU in System Report? When ig-platform-ids are "headless" it means they will not work with a monitor plugged into them. They're just enabled for the good stuff like hardware encoding. If you have injected Intel as it sounds like you have and enabled in BIOS then you should be good to go. A way to test is install and open MacX Video Convertor Pro (trial) and click the info icon next to Intel/AMD/Nividia. You can see video encoding is enabled. You might also need shiki.kext and shikigva=4 boot flag (for AMD, shikigva=12 for Nividia), HECI -> IMEI, GFX0 -> IGPU and PEGP -> GFX0 patches as well.

And sounds like you might want to get your USB set-up sorted. See 7.2 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 20.17.05.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 20.17.05.png
    955.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
If you think it's USB related, try to remove all related patches, connect the mouse and keyboard to USB 2.0 ports are don't connect any other USB devices.

Actually, the keyboard is a wired Apple keyboard with a wired mouse. No other USB devices are attached.

Actually, the keyboard is a wired Apple keyboard with a wired mouse. No other USB devices are attached.
And have you tried booting without XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, USBInjectall.kext and the Clover patches for USB?

And have you tried booting without XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, USBInjectall.kext and the Clover patches for USB?

Yes, they are all removed. Fortunately, I have a clone and can boot back to 10.13.3. Which I'll have to do it looks like.....

No I don't think I experience a degradation, but I don't game or have had problems playing back videos in VLC. Yes, iGPU enabled in BIOS. Can you see your iGPU in System Report? When ig-platform-ids are "headless" it means they will not work with a monitor plugged into them. They're just enabled for the good stuff like hardware encoding. If you have injected Intel as it sounds like you have and enabled in BIOS then you should be good to go. A way to test is install and open MacX Video Convertor Pro (trial) and click the info icon next to Intel/AMD/Nividia. You can see video encoding is enabled. You might also need shiki.kext and shikigva=4 boot flag (for AMD, shikigva=12 for Nividia), HECI -> IMEI, GFX0 -> IGPU and PEGP -> GFX0 patches as well.

And sounds like you might want to get your USB set-up sorted. See 7.2 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

I can't check my system report at the moment, but I know for a fact I can see both GPUs in Geekbench.

Interesting, I just downloaded Shiki.kext, but I've yet to actually try removing my fakeGFX flag. Also, my shikigva is set to 60 at the moment (found my config.plist online). Just looked it up and 60 seems to be for the GTX 1080. I'll check the patches when I get home, thanks a ton! Hopefully this will sort out my remaining issues. I'll keep you informed.

Last edited:
All of you talking about XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, where to get it? I have only XHCI-200-series-injector.kext from USBInjectAll package from Rehabman, there is NO XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and even Google doesn't find any.

All of you talking about XHCI-300-series-injector.kext, where to get it? I have only XHCI-200-series-injector.kext from USBInjectAll package from Rehabman, there is NO XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and even Google doesn't find any.
Your Google is broken
Remember, even with the use of this SSDT-USB.aml file, you should have the XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in your /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wi-fi-ac-build-w-i7-8700k-amd-vega-56.239969/

Per site rules, you need to have your system specifications entered into your profile (as those who have posted above and below you do) or no one will be able to help you as they have no idea what hardware you're running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back