Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my good luck with upgrades finally failed me. I have an epic fail on my hands when I tried to upgrade from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4.

As you can see, my system boots to this place and stops dead. I've tried different boot loaders, but I don't think that's the issue. I think it's something to do with USB, in fact, I'm sure that it is. I've applied the new apfs.efi, the new USB patch, but it stops dead right here.

I have had the total opposite. Each update has borked my machine since El Capitan to Sierra to High Sierra and all the incremental ones. I've spent days between each of them. But every HS incremental update has just worked for me somehow. I might have just jinxed it now.

Anyways, you know your USB hex keys? They don't look anything like mine. I've used the same patch from the first post. I don't know if that has anything to do with your verbose output. I can't read much off that output. My hex are - find 32DDAA and replace with 32D5CC. I am not sure if Clover automatically changes it or should they be the same between all machines.

I'm so sorry... I'm very new on this. And I don't know how to apply patches. Can please someone explain me how to apply this patch? Is it with clover configurator? Thanks.

Easiest is using Clover Configurator.
  • Open your config.plist in clover configurator.
  • In left hand pane select Kernel and Kext Patches.
  • Now in big white box, bottom right click on +
A new line will be created.
  1. Under Name* - com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
  2. Under Find*[HEX] - g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
  3. Under Replace*[HEX] - g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
  4. Under Comment - USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart (or anything useful that will remind you what this patch is all about)
  5. Under MatchOS - 10.13.x
  6. Don't write anything else. Save your config.plist

Restart.

Having a flickering display after updating (Full GPU Acceleration and using Intel GPU)
Graphics appears two times in system informations. Any Suggestions ????

Sound works. (USB Audio)
same issue! I've also got iGPU appearing twice, although mine is HD630.
If you boot your computer into safe-mode, it works normally... but thats only a temporary fix.

If you boot your computer into safe-mode, it works normally... but thats only a temporary fix.

The next Clover should fix IGPU appearing twice.

I've had that problem since I built my Hackintosh in February. That was with 10.13.3. What you're describing is exactly what my system does on occasion with sleep. My solution was to turn sleep off and just remember to turn the computer off at night to conserve power.
Unless this behaviour was present before, this probably has nothing to do with 10.13.4 and is a USB/PM/LAN... whatever issue. Search your symptoms for solution threads.

How are you injecting Intel?

No go. Seems like the computer is waking up and trying to access my IGPU first, when it sees that it doesn't have a signal from that, it switches over the the RX 480. If I disable the IGPU in the bios, this issue disappears. Problem is, I have to have the IGPU enabled, otherwise I get quicksync issues and my graphics performance drops in half after watching videos or playing a game. Putting whatevergreen back seems to resolve this issue, but I'm not sure if it's causing any overlapping driver issues.
How are you injecting Intel in config file? Headless or otherwise?

Upgraded from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4 using the AppStore updater. Everything SEEMED to go OK, but when I check the computer it says I am still on 10.13.3, and the AppStore still lists 10.13.4 as an available update.

I don't know if this has come up in the previous 45 pages of posts, but I couldn't craft a meaningful search phrase for this problem.

Anybody have any ideas of what I should do?
Have you eyeballed the entire update process? You may need to select (at Clover boot screen): Install macOS from “drive_name” several times. As for me, the first time it rebooted before completion, while the second time it finished the install.

The only way not to get the computer accidentally restart when it go to sleep mode is to move the knob in System Preference > Energy Saver - Computer Sleep to NEVER.

If there is a better solution, please let me know.
It could be any, either or all (or none !) of these:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

Seem to have everything up and running.

Still running Whatevergreen and Lilu on my RX 480 to avoid sleep issues. Only gripe is that I'm getting a random framedrop or two when playing games. I'll be running Bioshock at 150fps and it'll drop down to 20 for about a second, then jump back up.
What are your sleep issue symptoms?

I'm so sorry... I'm very new on this. And I don't know how to apply patches. Can please someone explain me how to apply this patch? Is it with clover configurator? Thanks.

I use Clover Configurator successfully to perform this and other tasks, see screenshot of where and how you need to add it.

But here is a thorough tutorial about hotpatching, get stuck in!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 13.37.04.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 13.37.04.png
    371.9 KB · Views: 154
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-4-update.248292

Updated my Asus Maximus Viii Ranger ( sysdef iMac 17.1 ) to 10.13.4 from Appstore successfully

Applied USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart patch in config.plist.(disabled the old)

Deleted USBInjectALL.kext

The USB ports (both 2 and 3) are working

But there’s a cosmetic problem.

They shown up as internal (grey icon) and not yellow as they are supposed to ??? :rolleyes:

I updated Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other from here : #168 (credit to dracon) installed Webdriver for 10.13.4 an now all graphic lagging is gone :thumbup:

What are your sleep issue symptoms?

It's as you quoted above.

It takes a good 30 seconds before I get any signs of life from my screen after sleep. My computer turns back on, I can hear new emails and such, but no video until I wait about 30 seconds. It seems like the computer is waking up and trying to access my IGPU first, when it sees that it doesn't have a signal from that, it switches over the the RX 480. If I disable the IGPU in the bios, this issue disappears. Problem is, I have to have the IGPU enabled, otherwise I get quicksync issues and my graphics performance drops in half after watching videos or playing a game. Putting whatevergreen back seems to resolve this issue, but I'm not sure if it's causing any overlapping driver issues.

As far as Injecting intel goes, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I simply have the flag ticked in Clover Configurator. I also have ig-platform-id enabled, along with IntelGFX Fake ID so that it picks up my IGPU. This means the operating system can see both graphics cards and I don't get any quicksync issues. Just the sleep issues if I remove Whatevergreen.

I also can't wake from sleep using my bluetooth devices (keyboard and mouse).

Easiest is using Clover Configurator.
  • Open your config.plist in clover configurator.
  • In left hand pane select Kernel and Kext Patches.
  • Now in big white box, bottom right click on +
A new line will be created.
  1. Under Name* - com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
  2. Under Find*[HEX] - g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
  3. Under Replace*[HEX] - g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
  4. Under Comment - USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart (or anything useful that will remind you what this patch is all about)
  5. Under MatchOS - 10.13.x
  6. Don't write anything else. Save your config.plist

Restart.
Amen! Thank you so much! I will try this later at home!

I can't make out what the verbose screen says but if you believe it's USB related, you can try using the old UBS patch or creating SSDT for USB. Another thing you can try is using a USB2 port because I've seen some people say that 10.13.4 made them lose USB3.

Can you, or anyone else, read this one? Because that last line, that's where it stops and then fades out....
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 7.34.52 AM.png

Can you, or anyone else, read this one? Because that last line, that where it stops and then fades out....View attachment 323080

Yes. This one is much more legible. However, I've never seen this message... I still feel that creating an SSDT for USB is the best solution and resilient against breaking when updating macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back