Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no update problem with my "Haswell - Z97M-Plus - i7 4790K - GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0".
I used the "10.13.4 ComboUpdate".
After the macOS update, I installed the new NVIDIA WebDriver und everything worked (Sound, Trim, USB 3, Graphic).
:)

Well, mine stopped apple logo. This has happened before. I will mount SSD and replace my EFI folder with my backup copy. Also will update the APFS.efi per this thread. More to follow.
Well, I got it to work. I had to use MultiBeast and then edit the config.plist to my original serial number. Copying the EFI folder over didn't work this time. Glad I have a MacBook to do this on! Might be time to build a new Hack...

Jules

Hi, everyone! Need help!
I've updated from AppleStore. And as always I've updated with new WebDrivers from NVIDIA. But the problem is that system doesn't see my 970 GTX anymore. While the Nvidia Drivers and Cuda installs smoothly, I don't see my card on "about this mac" page and on Nvidia WebDrivers Pref Pane neither. About this mac shows me only "Monitor 7MB" instead? What should I do?

I have 18,3 SMBIOS, Nvidia GTX 970.

Everything was smooth in 10.13.3 except some Nvidia driver's lags, but I used two monitors with my GTX smoothly. Now only one of them works and system does not show me my card at all even after installing the new drivers
pic.png
. HELP PLEASE!

PS I've tried with and without Lilu and NvidiaFix, I've updated clover to latest version.

Thank you for any advice and help

Last edited:
New patch needed:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

It works thank you!

Last edited:
Download Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
Check the Kernel and Kext Patches section and add patch (see below picture)
Save
Close Clover Configurator

View attachment 322584

What if you previously installed the USB patch from MultiBeast? Is there a process to enabling this new patch? Remove certain patches/kexts?

I'm seeing internal drive icons with this new patch.

Download Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
Check the Kernel and Kext Patches section and add patch (see below picture)
Save
Close Clover Configurator

View attachment 322584

Thanks but I couldn't work out how to do it using that method. I did however manage to do it this way:

1. Open up Clover Configurator
2. In Mount EFI -> Mount Partition (most likely disk0s1), wait for EFI partition to mount
3. Open Partition, go to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/, open config.plist in a text editor (like Sublime)
4. Find "KextsToPatch", then copy and paste the <dict>...</dict> content above into the <array>...</array> section. Save and close config.plist.

Thanks to BorkBorkBork

Vanilla installation of High Sierra 10.13.3. Used combo update to 10.13.4.
Installation went smoothly (updated Whatevergreen, IntelGraphicsFixup and AppleALC before it), no problems at all post install. Used SSDT to reduce number of USB ports.

My own config.plist created by all information I could get.
Pastryschef golden build used as a starting point - Asus ROG Strix Z370G WiFi motherboard, Intel i5 8600K, Radeon RX 560 GPU, 2x NVME SSD, 24 GB of RAM.

Everything works as before, but I also disabled few fixes latest versions of KEXTs handles by their own.

Upgraded from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4 using the combo installer. Everything works as before but still cannot use Firefox or Safari, desktop locks up after a couple of minutes. The only browser that does work is Chrome, without hardware acceleration. So it is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back