Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confirm that with a RX560 using DisplayPort, only WhateverGreen allowed me to update to 10.3.4 without Black Screen. (iMac17,1)

Updated via the Combo and the process went smoothly.

Afterwards the RealTek audio was missing (as it always is), but even a reboot did not fix it (which it usually does).

So in addition I did a kext cache refresh as suggested by toleda here and after a reboot the audio was working again.

Updated from app store without problems, removed WhateverGreen and set in Clover/Graphics RadeonDeInit = No flag

1.png

Use radeon deinit for screen wake up faster

No go. Seems like the computer is waking up and trying to access my IGPU first, when it sees that it doesn't have a signal from that, it switches over the the RX 480. If I disable the IGPU in the bios, this issue disappears. Problem is, I have to have the IGPU enabled, otherwise I get quicksync issues and my graphics performance drops in half after watching videos or playing a game. Putting whatevergreen back seems to resolve this issue, but I'm not sure if it's causing any overlapping driver issues.

Updated through App Store with no problems. Didn't need any modifications.

After updating Clover Configurator, checking Clover version (was on current version), installing latest apfs.efi per guide, and installing latest Intel/NVidiaGraphicsFixup kexts, updating through App Store went without a hitch. System did reboot twice, which caught me off guard, but was not an issue.

New patch needed:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

Anyone else seeing their USB 3.0 drives showing up as internal drives (with the internal drive icon and no eject icon in the finder) with this new patch?

I applied this patch, disabled the previous USB patch, and removed the USBInjectAll kext from Library/Extensions (because that kext was making my mouse choppy with this new patch).

Anyone else experiencing this? Did I do something incorrectly?

Sleep works correctly? What about 4K and multimonitor setup, is it working as well?
Yes, but in my case I'm using the Whatevergreen kext and RadeonDeinit set to no. My setup consists of a RX 580 connected to a UHD monitor and a UHD TV.

Which Smbios for RX 580 8 gb under 10.13.4?
14,2 works for me
18,1 starts black and fixes with space bar and or esc
18,2 black screen
all these oob

mine worked fine with iMac 14,1 + 15,1 and MacPro5,1 + 6,1 (If you dont have ECC Ram remove AppleTyMCEdriver from /S/L/E). You should choose the SMBIOS that is the closest to your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back