Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install keeps stalling at the same point...

Kextd stall [0] (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'
Kextd stall [1] (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'
SATA Warning: Enable Drive PHY PM failed
Kextd stall [2] (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

Is there something I need to change in clover at reboot to fix this?

Attachments

• 20180401_231658.jpg
    20180401_231658.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 93
installing 10.13.4 and also the patch for USB, everything seems working fine except:

When the machine going to sleep, sometimes the computer will restart itself. Anyone has that experience ?

And if the machine does not restart by itself, the screen will turns black and the computer will sleep and wake immediately going through cycles.
I've had that problem since I built my Hackintosh in February. That was with 10.13.3. What you're describing is exactly what my system does on occasion with sleep. My solution was to turn sleep off and just remember to turn the computer off at night to conserve power.

Yep, so I tried removing WhateverGreen, Lilu, CoreDisplayFixUp and IntelGraphicsFixUp, and removing the RadeonDeinit flag. It booted seemingly a lot faster, but straight into a black screen after boot. This is over HDMI and DisplayPort. Sooo, I tried a couple of things but just wanted to see my Hackintosh again (it was 3am) so just popped the kexts back in. I will probably try disabling them one at a time, when I've calmed down in a few months.

Do I need to remove WEGreen and lilu if I'm using an RX 480?

EDIT: Answered my own question. Deleted both, crossed my fingers and rebooted. Was surprised to see it come back and have it be fully recognized. I'll see how sleep works and keep everyone updated.

Edit 2: So, weird issue. My hackintosh can wake from sleep, but it takes time for the screen to come back on. It's like the GPU has to re-engage. Anyone have this issue yet? I put whatevergreen back and the sleep issue disappears.

Last edited:
installing 10.13.4 and also the patch for USB, everything seems working fine except:

When the machine going to sleep, sometimes the computer will restart itself. Anyone has that experience ?

And if the machine does not restart by itself, the screen will turns black and the computer will sleep and wake immediately going through cycles.

Same sleep question in 10.13.1/2/4.
Mostly at night the fan just make some noise and back to silence

Same sleep question in 10.13.1/2/4.
Mostly at night the fan just make some noise and back to silence
Have a look at Settings>Energy saving>uncheck Power Nap and Wake for Network access.
Sometimes it gets re-enabled after a update...

Booting to black screen after Update
Sys def: iMac 17,1
GPU: RX580
IGFX as initial display
No graphic kexts applied.
Tried GFX0 to IGPU, fake ID for 6700k and RadeonDeInit with no luck.

Works when I boot with my USB-Installer EFI, which has iMac14,2 as System Definition. But then it shows 2x Intel HD530 and 1x RX580

Maybe iMac17,1 is the problem?
Has anyone an idea?

Did you find the problem? Same issue here. Black screen after update. RX560 DP, HD530 and iMac17,1

Has anyone experienced upgrading from 10.13.3 to 10.13.4 broke iMessages? Update went smoothly (like real Mac) but then iMessage stopped working. I have not tried the guide for dummies from the Guides menu yet; it worked before. Is this something new?

iMessage is fine after updating from 10.13.3
Have a look at Settings>Energy saving>uncheck Power Nap and Wake for Network access.
Sometimes it gets re-enabled after a update...
Thanks, shall try.

Update process went smoothly, but afterwards I'd get stuck part way through boot. Had to update CoreDisplayFixup.kext to the latest version which has been patched for 10.13.4, and all is working again. Other than that no other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back