Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you find any solution for this?
In my case changed smbios 18,1 and disappear flickering
Graphics appears two times in system informations, is cosmetic for now?

Last edited:
RX 560 + iMac 18.3 on i7 7700 on 4K screen using DP.
I did delete whatever+radeoninject but only black screen after update.
Then I put back the whatever.kext and don't need Radeoninject seems OK so far.

Now in systeminfo under graphics I see under metal gpufamily 1 v3 same as on my macmini so I'd say something new.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-31 um 18.51.19.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-31 um 18.51.19.png
    8.8 MB · Views: 270
Actually... my USB 3.0 is not working. 2.0 itens are readable, 3.0 not. Was working before. This also happened to my Sierra after I installed high Sierra from ground 0 on other hard rive. What could happened? L/E attached.

Got it working, I was missing some patches on config.plist. Sorry posting this before really trying. :)

I also had the flickering problem with my UHD 630. Changed from 18,2 to 17,1 and the flickering was gone
but it also broke sleep. A moment after switching of my Hack restartet.
I tried 18,1 and this resolved the flickering problem and got me sleep back. :headbang:

Now in systeminfo under graphics I see under metal gpufamily 1 v3 same as on my macmini so I'd say something new.

That means, your integrated graphics got enabled for video rendering etc. Real macs also do this. Check for correct device name of your Intel GPU in IORegistryExplorer. For working PM it must be "IGPU". You can easyly fix it by enabling "change GFX0 to IGPU" patch in DSDT section of CloverConfigurator.

Updated from the App Store and followed this procedure to install on my 10.13.3 rig (because I have an Nvidia GTX 970 and the built-in Intel HD 630 and did not want to remove my GTX 970 card to install the update.)

Everything works like a charm, except that I am still using the .104 web driver.

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 1.24.47 PM.png

Update via App Store, i7 7700A 3,6Hgz, B250 MSI mainboard, GTX1050. Works smooth without any problem.

Updated on my specs with no bigger problems than video. At first, I downloaded and installed the driver from Nvidia's website, but the video was so laggy and safari was useless so much UI problems I was facing.

The main problems were:
  • Stutters when change full screen apps
  • Dock bouncing animations where lagging or not happening at all
  • Every zoom animation in launchpad was lagging
  • Sometimes, Safari becomes unresponsive
  • CUDA not recognised by After Effects, Premiere and others
  • CUDA asking for updates but it was updated
  • Finder seemed to respond with some delay
Searching in other forums about the video issue in last updates of the system, seems that it only happens to some boards like 1050 TI Galax ( mine ), GTX 1080 and some 1060 TI from EVGA and 1070, but I'm not sure. They told that was a problem with Metal and some cards even in real Macs, but I can't confirm this too.

Today the script I use to downgrade my video driver blacklisted this update too, I installed it and everything is working as it was supposed to now.

I'll post the link below, so anyone who is having issues with video can use it

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/blob/master/README.md

( I read the rules and there was nothing telling about posting help links. If it is permitted tell me and I'll delete this reply )

Updated via the App Store. It did seem to take longer to update, with more restarts and black screens than I recall on previous updates. I just let it do its thing and the update was completed successfully. I did, however, lose my sound (no sound output devices were listed to choose from) so I had to re-run MultiBeast to reinstall the sound drives for ALC1150. Once I did that and restarted the machine I was back in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back