Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading an article on Macrumors when I spotted this statement about the 10.13.4 update.

“ It’s also worth noting that Apple has eliminated support for some cards that were supported during the beta, such as the AMD RX 560.“

Interesting.

Here is the link to the article.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/03/30/apple-egpu-support-document/amp/

I was just reading an article on Macrumors when I spotted this statement about the 10.13.4 update.“ It’s also worth noting that Apple has eliminated support for some cards that were supported during the beta, such as the AMD RX 560.“Interesting.
I still have a system with 10.13.4 beta 7, I will compare AMDRadeonX4000 kexts

Update2: New day and new possibilities. I attempted to actually download the update file and run that instead of using App Store. This gave me different result - and I have no idea why. Icons are now updating properly and I can open System prefs!

--
Update: While the update went fine, rest of the OS didn't work so well. Icons in the status bar on the top of the screen does not update properly, not possible to open System preferences, still not good performance with new driver, lots of strange behavior like not possible to open one certain website from hackintosh but it works on my macbook pro. Going back to 10.13.3.

--
I copied apfs.efi to efi partition and then updated without issues. After that I installed web driver 387.10.10.10.30.103.

It seems that in some areas, the performance is better now. However, Chrome was lagging horribly and I managed to reduce the lag a lot by disabling hardware acceleration. Still not sure I will continue using the new driver or go back to 378.10.10.10.25.106.

Last edited:
No luck on my system. Tried it via App Store and then tried using the downloaded apple file. Reboots all over the place like I expected as it goes through the process. With the expected final boot up into the OS, I do not get get my characteristic video blip to indicate it found the video subsystem, but rather it continues to about 3/4 of the bar before rebooting. Locked into this cycle as I let it reboot a few times. Ideas?

After the 10.13.4 update my system with RX580 is able to boot normally without WEG, Lilu and RadeonDeInit but I lost HDMI/DP audio. With WEG and Lilu HDMI/DP audio is back.

Anyone got an AMD RX 560 to work with full systemreport and without any kexts or injections?

Just update my iMac Pro definition with Sapphire Vega56 . Everything went fine, USB and sound still working but the fans still blowing at max speed . With a youtube video (on pause) on the background will do .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back