Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
A temporary fix for flickering on Intel 630, I7 7700k and smbios 18,3:
- Uncheck Inject Intel (If Inject intel is checked the graphics appears two times in system informations )
- Change smbios to 17,1
- set ig-platform-id: 0x59120000

I recommend to make a backup of config.plist in case that the system wont start with those configurations.

Didn't work for me, still get flickering. Question, do you use the flag -disablegfxfirmware ? Before the update I didn't have to use this flag, now if I don't have it checked the system doesn't boot at all.

Hi,

my BT MagicMouse will work but there are no options anymore in System settings. I can´t scroll anymore, just move and click.
Any advice?

Have tried 10.13.4 update through the App Store as well as the Combo Update, but both cause my computer to go into an endless restart loop. I know it is supposed to restart a few times, but I let it restart over a dozen times before I stopped it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Didn't work for me, still get flickering. Question, do you use the flag -disablegfxfirmware ? Before the update I didn't have to use this flag, now if I don't have it checked the system doesn't boot at all.

I am using -disablegfxfirmware

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I am not using an iGFX. Just the one in my sig. But OP said that he would not recommend anyone with Coffee Lake to upgrade. I said that I have Coffee Lake and AMD RX 570 with no issues. No iGFX enabled so whatever the issue is with UHD630, it is not applicable in my case.

So telling all Coffee Lake people to hold-off is a bit broad. I think maybe saying Coffee Lake users using UHD630 may have issues... Coffee Lake users using discreet graphics only (me) may not have issues. Did I misunderstand the issue?

Coffee Lake user here using UHD630. Just updated. I had the screen flickering problem and changed smbios from 18,3 to 18,1 and it's working fine now. No problems with USB either. Did not do the patch.

changed smbios from 18,3 to 18,1 and it's working fine now.
I am in the same situation here. Everything works except Coffee Lake i7-8700 UHD630 is flickering. I am a bit of a newbie in a Hackintosh world... How can I change 18,3 to 18,1? Simply update a string in a Clover config file or it's more complicated than that?

Is there any other way to get rid of flickering without changing hardware version?

Thank you.

P.S: Never mind: found it in Clover Configurator under SMBIOS options.... changed 18,3 to 18,1 -> save + reboot = no more flicker

Last edited:
I am in the same situation here. Everything works except Coffee Lake i7-8700 UHD630 is flickering. I am a bit of a newbie in a Hackintosh world... How can I change 18,3 to 18,1? Simply update a string in a Clover config file or it's more complicated than that?

Is there any other way to get rid of flickering without changing hardware version?

Thank you.

P.S: Never mind: found it in Clover Configurator under SMBIOS options.... changed 18,3 to 1,81 -> save + reboot = no more flicker

I messed around some more, also don't have the flicker after changing to 18,1 first time when it didn't work was my mistake.

Thank you.

P.S: Never mind: found it in Clover Configurator under SMBIOS options.... changed 18,3 to 18,1 -> save + reboot = no more flicker

The easist way to change it is by using Clover Configurator. If you don't have it, you can get it under Community Software in the Downloads link at the top of the page.

The update from the App Store didn't work - was told that it couldn't be installed. The Combo Update, however, did work. And with the NVIDIA script, I smoothly got my GTX 750Ti up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back