Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know if the RX 550 is supported?

works fine after updating from MAS
GTX 1050Ti

Updated from store. Lost audio but recovered that by re-running MultiBeast. However also lost USB3 port. Trying various USB fixes now.

Edit: Checked FakeSMC kext (current, in Other folder)
Changed Fix USB_1000 to True. Ran MultiBeast with Fix USB options to increase USB ports, but so far no fix. USB2 ports work but not USB3.
Edit 2: Still no USB3. Tried to install Rehabman USB-Inject-All 0.6.4. Was already there, and didn't have any new effect. Open to suggestion. Changed Fix USB_1000 back to False.
Edit3: When USB3 drive is attached during boot, it is detected and is available for booting (as External Drive). But after booting,(internal drive 10.3.4) the same USB3 port is not recognized. Seems this should be an easy fix (Max USB ports to 26 installed) but it has been working all along till now. If I boot from the external drive into OS 10.3.3, the drive works and remains available. But after booting using internal drive containing the updated 10.3.4, the USB3 port is no longer recognized. Suggestions welcome!

Solution found here: #84

Last edited:
Updated without too much problem. The first boot into the installer gave an error (correct updater resources not available or something), but rebooted again into the installer and it seemed OK then and seems to have installed fine.

Best part is that I have been able to turn off RadeonDeInit (set to false) and my MSI RX 560 GPU (dual 2560x1440 screens, DP and Dual-DVI) is working fine. Still early days but running a few benchmarks shows performance is fine (as before). Seems like native support has arrived for quite a few more graphics cards.

Updated from the App Store smooth as butter on my HP EliteBook 840 G1 just like a real Mac, everything working.
Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 11.06.15 PM.png

My second update attempt went successfully.
Now my RX580 is natively supported without RadeonDeInit patch or Lilu.kext + WhatEverGreen.kext.

The only problem is that DP audio isn't working. I tried cloverHDMI but after the install there isn't still no output and if I run the program again it doesn't detect any audio codec. Even with HDMIAudio.kext in S/L/E or in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other. It's so frustrating..

UPDATE
I restored Lilu.kext + WhatEverGreen.kext and now all works perfectly. It looks like that the new OS just automatically applies the RadeonDeInit patch but DP audio isn't working and the GPU is slow to wake in my case.

Last edited:
Change PEGP to GFX0
Drop MCFG
No Whatevergreen
No Radeoninit
I manually added PEGP to GFX0 fix. However, I'm not pretty sure where and how to add "Drop MCFG". After some research, I added it in DropTables but I don't know if I added it correctly.

I can boot into my system using 14,2 definition without "PEGP -> GFX0" and "Drop MCFG" but the serial and UUID change caused a lot of problems.

My system is still cutting video output half way during Apple logo post. Please check out my CLOVER folder. Original APCI dump is also in it. Thank you!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 193
I tried to update using the app store, it updated iTunes then rebooted, but didn't install 10.13.4 and it won't show in the app store for updates... So I guess I have to wait for the standalone download.

@MangaFalzy I had the same or similar problem... what I did to see the update page in the Update app, was to open 'Launchpad' and find the app(s) that where paused. In my case Xcode had paused and somehow was stopping the app updates page to display anything. After clicking the Xcode app, it update Xcode and then the update page then displayed 10.13.4 and other updates like iTunes etc. Hope this is clear... my system is updating ATM to HS 10.13.4.... fingers crossed!

Edit: Changed expose to LaunchPad... sorry

Last edited:
10.13.4 Sussesfully Update.jpg
Successfully update 10.13.4 (17E199) via App Store. Only one thing I need at the moment is to just reinstall audio 1150 driver via MultiBeast.

anyone with an RX560 have a report? mine works with WhateverGreen and 10.13.3 but it's a little janky (here and there text gets inverted in title bars, monitor lock screen on 2nd monitor shows corrupt desktop image on wake-from-sleep instead of blurred out wallpaper)

wondering if RX560 is any better supported in 10.13.4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back