Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too on sound. Have a gtx 960 using modded nvidia web driver and hdmi connection. Pretty sure it’s the modded web driver. If issue persists after updated driver released will report back. All else seems fine.

I attempted to rerun the clover script and get "no audio codec detected"
I like your theory that its due to the modified webdriver script.

First update since ditching Nvidia for AMD GPU. Smooth as butter. One thing I noticed during the reboot was the screen was black for a long period of time. I knew something was going on because I could hear the fans ramping up (no HD activity) and I waited patiently. Finally I saw the update screen appear.

Removed RadeonDeInit as @pastrychef mentioned. RX 570 ID's nicely now :)

Nice to not have to wait or mess around with Nvidia drivers for once!

utr63yN.jpg

w8A7RYt.jpg

Hey Stevegut78, do you still need whatevergreen.kext?

My update from Mac App Store failed.

I was using RadeonDeInit method for RX 560, with Intel UHD 630 ig-platform-id 0x59120000 (no fakeid, tried 0003, didn’t work). BIOS set to PCIe graphics prioritized. iMac18,2 Config.

With only FakeSMC.kext in EFI partition, after the installation, the machine rebooted into blackscreen. No video output was detected by my monitor. Tried to switch BIOS to iGPU as 1st, and connected HDMI cable to the motherboard, but it still booted into blackscreen, this time with a cursor.

Tried both with RadeonDeInit on and off, and with and without WhateverGreen, the results are the same.

Change PEGP to GFX0
Drop MCFG
No Whatevergreen
No Radeoninit

Can anyone confirm/post the full list of AMD RX cards that are now officially supported ?

I was looking at the RX580 Pulse 8Gb card, but the price is still sky high what with crypto miners scooping them all up.

My Vega 56 is now natively supported. No need for Radeon DeInit. No need for WhateverGreen.kext.

I attempted to rerun the clover script and get "no audio codec detected"
I like your theory that its due to the modified webdriver script.

I have audio devices, just no HDMI audio. When I run Toleda’s script it says that HDMI is already enabled. Similar behavior to when NVIDA web drivers did not support HDMI audio on GTX960. Eventually an updated driver resolved the issue. Could be a 10.13.4 issue but was working fine on 10.13.3 and only diff is modified driver. That’s my thought anyway.

Having a flickering display after updating (Full GPU Acceleration and using Intel GPU)
Graphics appears two times in system informations. Any Suggestions ????

Sound works. (USB Audio)

The IGPU is appearing twice on my laptop too. I am getting flickering when there are notifications.

My Vega 56 is now natively supported. No need for Radeon DeInit. No need for WhateverGreen.kext.

That's good to know although I wont be able to afford one any time soon.

I was thinking more 550/560/570/580 series, I should have been clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back