Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having freezing issue on 10.13.4....but it is weird, because it is occurring after some time after boot (like 20s after logging into macOS) + when it hits, its like freeze for 5seconds after every 2 seconds :/ (Im blaming APFS, trim enabled...maybe that?)

Last edited:
Upgrade the APFS file and went ahead and upgraded the OS. Everything works fine here.
So before update i must only update the apfs file in "CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/" and replace whith the last apfs file, after that i can update via app-store or combo update, correct???

Updated through macOSUpdate combo image, installed in 30 minutes on my 7200 rpm HDD with couple of reboots. No issues. Updated Nvidia WebDriver to the most recent version ..30.103 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to v1.2.5 as well. The smoothest macOS experience yet. :clap: Kudos go to the developers and all the hard working people in the hackintosh community. May I call it Smoothintosh now?

Regards,
longee

Dear friends.

This morning I received the update to 10.13.4. I tried to upgrade my hackintosh and I can't install the update.

I updated the apfs.efi , but I cant install it.

Any suggeest?

Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

• Registro del Instalador 7-Apr-2018.txt
    95.1 KB · Views: 117
Did you update Clover? Previous versions had trouble seeing the installer boot files.

Last Clover update. 4428 Version.

Your system drive or "Boot OS X Install..." may have been chosen. Follow tonymacx86's guide:

"6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.

8. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update."
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

You'll know it's updating because it will restart several times. Make sure Boot macOS Install is chosen until it disappears in the Clover boot screen.

Unfortunately, I had to reinstall my OS, as it kept saying "This system cannot be upgraded, an error has occurred." After reinstall, the upgrade works fine. It's odd, but that's what I had to do. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back