Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just updated via App Store without any fanfare. Vega 56 fan noise is considerably improved.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 8.47.12 PM.png

Edit:
Gigabyte GC-AQC107 10GBase-T card is not working.

Edit 2:
RadeonDeInit not needed. WhateverGreen.kext not needed. Sleep/Wake working.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 9.40.04 PM.png

Edit 3:
A few restarts and I noticed that the Vega fan noise is back... :banghead:

Edit 4:
The Vega fan noise seems to come and go. Need to monitor behavior more.

Last edited:
Motherboard
NUC8I5BE
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
My update from Mac App Store failed.

I was using RadeonDeInit method for RX 560, with Intel UHD 630 ig-platform-id 0x59120000 (no fakeid, tried 0003, didn’t work). BIOS set to PCIe graphics prioritized. iMac18,2 Config.

With only FakeSMC.kext in EFI partition, after the installation, the machine rebooted into blackscreen. No video output was detected by my monitor. Tried to switch BIOS to iGPU as 1st, and connected HDMI cable to the motherboard, but it still booted into blackscreen, this time with a cursor.

Tried both with RadeonDeInit on and off, and with and without WhateverGreen, the results are the same.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Updated via App Store with no problems at all, just ran the script to fix Nvidia driver and all great.

Motherboard
P5WE0
CPU
i5-2450M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Updated to successfully. When I used Benjamin's tool to update nvidia it does so correctly. But after selecting the webdrivers I am still stuck with 33mb of vram. Might have to do with 18,3 profile?

edit: uninstalled the NVIDIA web drivers completely and reinstalled with Benjamin's update tool. Restarted. Working nicely.

edit2: Lost sound. Interesting. I used clover to patch sound.

Last edited:
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Updated to successfully. When I used Benjamin's tool to update nvidia it does so correctly. But after selecting the webdrivers I am still stuck with 33mb of vram. Might have to do with 18,3 profile?

edit: uninstalled the NVIDIA web drivers completely and reinstalled with Benjamin's update tool. Restarted. Working nicely.

edit2: Lost sound. Interesting. I used clover to patch sound.
Me too on sound. Have a gtx 960 using modded nvidia web driver and hdmi connection. Pretty sure it’s the modded web driver. If issue persists after updated driver released will report back. All else seems fine.