Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran IGPU 630 until I finally scraped enough to buy a RX 580. Updated to 10.13.4 but it won't boot (monitor goes to sleep) unless I force "InjectATI" under clover boot option (not Clover Configurator). Have you been able to get this card to work with your Asus board.
Yes. I had to change the System Definition from iMac18,3 to iMac14,2 and everything works!

I used MultiBeast v10.3.0 by just selecting:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Build > Install​
Then reboot.

Here's a noob question. In general should I just let security updates go through, or maybe wait a bit and see if people here are having issues with the update?

@hackeron, @zhuangzi, @Jmlu, if your App Store Update failed with:

macOS could not be installed on your computer
The installer resources were not found.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

Remove .IAProductInfo and the macOS Install Data folder
See [Guide] How to remove 'Boot OS X install from partition' from Clover bootloader

Try Update from Terminal:
Code:
sudo softwareupdate -i -a

After repeated attempts to upgrade from 10.13.2 to 10.13.6 and always getting stuck on "macos could not be installed on your computer", I took the terminal approach, and it worked. On the first attempt to boot the installer partition, it started the installation process and quickly rebooted spontaneously with "35 minutes remaining". I just booted the installer partition again and it worked. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back