Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated from the App Store for the Z370 Prime P, then system rebooted into installer. Installation was very smooth both for the update and for the Nvidia drivers. Sound drivers working okay too. Only concern was that when we tried to process very large files with Photoshop CC, the system crashed. Bear in mind this was before I updated to the latest Nvidiagraphicsfixup and Lilu. It seems stable now, will post if anything occurs.

Also a note for those who've experienced crashing on the Z370 Prime boards - you may need to move the RAM to Slots A1 and B1 instead of A2 and B2 in the manual, and then set them in Clover as Slot 0 and Slot 2.

Flawless and smooth, same as my MacBook Pro, updgrade

The update worked smoothly:
  1. update apfs.efi before installing the OS update
  2. install the update, the computer automatically rebooted from a temporary "Install Disk", then rebooted a couple more times
  3. once booted from the updated system with the default Mac NVIDIA driver,
    • the video driver update notification will open automatically
    • install the new NVIDIA driver automatically
  4. reboot to properly working OS
Caveats:
  1. my audio driver (1220) was working in 10.13.4 but probably just by chance, because I had no outputs after the update
    • I had to move Lilu.kext AND AppleALC.kext into /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/ (moved from /L/E)
  2. Clover config.plist already had SIP disabled, I didn't touch this setting, CsrActiceConfig = 0x67

Has anyone been able to get display port working? Vega rx56. I have tried with lilu & whatevergreen kexts. Nothing. Only hdmi works.

Has anyone been able to get display port working? Vega rx56. I have tried with lilu & whatevergreen kexts. Nothing. Only hdmi works.
This is being discussed in the Graphics forum section. I have a RX 580 and can only drive a monitor with DVI and HDMI as DP doesn't work once booted onto the Desktop. Hopefully, this will be fixed in 10.13.5 or sooner.

This is being discussed in the Graphics forum section. I have a RX 580 and can only drive a monitor with DVI and HDMI as DP doesn't work once booted onto the Desktop. Hopefully, this will be fixed in 10.13.5 or sooner.

I had no DP output with the latest update until I changed system ID from 18,2 to 14,2 - seems so far no ill effects from this and did re-enable DP outputs

works quite good for me. I never had native sound just usb sound, so the issue make no sense for me

Mine doesn't install the update. It downloads it, wants to restart, then the progress bar "Software Update" starts running shortly and after that it just boots into my Clover and in the App Store the Update is still available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back