Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No audio after clean install...
MB: GA-z87x-UD3h

Drivers form MultiBeast does't work neither script ALC-130...

Intel UHD 630 graphics problem,
Before this update (on 10.13.3) I was able to have my graphics work perfectly and let me scale to 4k on my dell Dell P2715Q monitor just fine with the intelgraphcisfixup, lilu and coredisplayfixup kexts. Now after the update, Im back to the same problem I had before and cannot scale up to 4k resolution and the picture isnt as sharp as it use to be. Ive installed the newest versions of those kexts along with IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup and nothing has . changed. I read on here that a fix for the problem is to change the system definitions to iMac 17,1 and I did that and still doesnt solve my problem.

Basically I had this problem on 10.13.3 , added kexts and it worked. Now I have the same problem again, added kexts but graphics not fixed. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!!

Get unable to install MacOS installer resources can't be found. Ive attached the installer log if anyone can make sense of it

Hi there. Each time I read topic about update it tells that if I'm using cloverALC script, then audio will work after update. However, I have completed Installation steps from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC, and after each update I have to install audio again. Am I doing something wrong?

When I start the update - pressing the reboot button - screen goes black with mouse cursor still there and movable. And that's it. Doesn't do anything after that. Doing a hard reset (I waited 20 minutes) just does a normal boot, still showing 1 update available. Never had this before with any update.

Please read post 2 of this thread... This is not a help thread

A smooth install using the combo installer.
The last couple of times the audio device came back after a few reboots, but not this time, so I did have to run toledas AppleHDA patch script (audio_cloverALC-130_v0.5.command) for my RealTek ALC 892.

Get unable to install MacOS installer resources can't be found. Ive attached the installer log if anyone can make sense of it
Are you on HFS+ or APFS? Look at my post and see if it helps...

All super simple updated via app store and then ran:

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

For my graphics, all fine, even sound.

For fun i tried to sleep/wake and even that is working this time around!!

I'll try a long sleep now (8hrs) and update you guys on that.

Cheers!

Long sleep works perfectly fine as well!

Just sometimes audio goes mute for a while then comes back specially when playing youtube and hitting pause

Updated via App Store and update went smooth. Went to boot and loading bar got stuck/froze. I forgot to update Clover before updating to newest MacOS security update. I am able to boot into MacOS if I disable Nvidia graphics and boot with safe mode, but I can't mount the EFI partition or install the latest Clover while in safe mode. Any thoughts?

I went into the Recovery boot option in Clover and I'm currently restoring from a time machine backup from earlier today. Will this go back to my old MacOS version or does it retain the latest security update still?

In my case, I update through App Store. After the update, HDMI sound is lost. The screen resolution change to 2048x1152 from 2560x1440. I copy /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to /Volume/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and restart. The symptom remains. I then updated CLOVER to the most recent release and restart. My hackintosh is back to normal.

In my case, I update through App Store. After the update, HDMI sound is lost. The screen resolution change to 2048x1152 from 2560x1440. I copy /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to /Volume/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and restart. The symptom remains. I then updated CLOVER to the most recent release and restart. My hackintosh is back to normal.

Im havins wierd graphcis issues as well, how do you update clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back