Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the security update and new nvidia web drivers without issue, however, now my "scaled" options in the Display Preference pane is not correct anymore...

UPDATE: Of course after letting the system sit for a while, the preference pane is back to normal.... sigh.

Last edited:
@sqig

I know this isn't the right solution because it's buried in whatever I did, but I did want to post that I fixed the "Installer Resources not found" error. Basically I refreshed my entire EFI folder. Started clean and compared the old version with the new version.

It was most likely:
  • An incorrect hfsplus.efi driver in drivers64uefi (wasn't hfsplus-64.efi).
Other things I cleaned up:
  • Updated apfs.efi (though I'm still on hfs+). I'll transition soon, this weekend I also updated my home's hackintosh to APFS+FileVault2 and everything's working fine.
  • Used corpnewt's vanilla hackintosh guide. I've used it before, but when I found it again this weekend I saw that corpnewt's been updating it constantly.
  • Didn't realize I was still using fakepciid and fakepciid_intel_hd_graphics
  • Had an old aml for power management that is replaced by using generate option -> plugintype. Cleaned up an aml that I had installed once to try to get hdmi nvidia audio working, but had left there.

Late to the party, but updated through App Store. Two restarts, then prompted to install updated NVIDIA drivers. Did, and after final restart, all is well, audio intact. One of the simplest updates yet.

Intel UHD 630 graphics problem,
Before this update (on 10.13.3) I was able to have my graphics work perfectly and let me scale to 4k on my dell Dell P2715Q monitor just fine with the intelgraphcisfixup, lilu and coredisplayfixup kexts. Now after the update, Im back to the same problem I had before and cannot scale up to 4k resolution and the picture isnt as sharp as it use to be. Ive installed the newest versions of those kexts along with IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup and nothing has . changed. I read on here that a fix for the problem is to change the system definitions to iMac 17,1 and I did that and still doesnt solve my problem.

Basically I had this problem on 10.13.3 , added kexts and it worked. Now I have the same problem again, added kexts but graphics not fixed. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!!

All super simple updated via app store and then ran:

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

For my graphics, all fine, even sound.

For fun i tried to sleep/wake and even that is working this time around!!

I'll try a long sleep now (8hrs) and update you guys on that.

Cheers!

Hi there. Each time I read topic about update it tells that if I'm using cloverALC script, then audio will work after update. However, I have completed Installation steps from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC, and after each update I have to install audio again. Am I doing something wrong?

When I start the update - pressing the reboot button - screen goes black with mouse cursor still there and movable. And that's it. Doesn't do anything after that. Doing a hard reset (I waited 20 minutes) just does a normal boot, still showing 1 update available. Never had this before with any update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back