Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works great with new Nvidia driver. Checked this morning and it was out :headbang:

SShot-2018-04-26-at-9.12.19-AM.jpg

This Update ****ed up my USB 3.0...
The ports arent even recognized in IORegistryExplorer :/
Does anyone have the same issues or even a fix?
Did you applly the necessary patch? Mine got hosed also. BUT, this is a known issue. I added this code to my config.plist and everything worked fine. I added it at the end of all the port number increase patches and it worked. I assume you know to only copy between the code starting with <dict> and ending in </dict> and place it in the last section of the KextsToPatch section of the xml code, just before the </array> tag. Save, reboot, and you should have your ports back.

reference: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-4-update.248292/page-9 look at the bogdanw post a little down that page.

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

Last edited:
I was having lags on previous version ... I don't think it was related to Nvidia drivers as nobody was having them. Now after this update went smooth, I've updated Nvidia drivers via webdriver cli command and everything is smooth as butter.

Did you applly the necessary patch? Mine got hosed also. BUT, this is a known issue. I added this code to my config.plist and everything worked fine. I added it at the end of all the port number increase patches and it worked. I assume you know to only copy between the code starting with <dict> and ending in </dict> and place it in the last section of the KextsToPatch section of the xml code, just before the </array> tag. Save, reboot, and you should have your ports back.

reference: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-4-update.248292/page-9 look at the bogdanw post a little down that page.

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

You can update the USBInjectAll.kext to the latest version (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads/). Now it's not anymore required the additional kext for 100/200/300 Series motherboards and the PMHerat's patch for macOS 10.13.4.

Of course you'll need to set-up a proper SSDT for USB ports because the patch for the 25 USB ports limit can cause problem and it's only a temporary fix: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

@hackeron, @zhuangzi, @Jmlu, if your App Store Update failed with:

macOS could not be installed on your computer
The installer resources were not found.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

Remove .IAProductInfo and the macOS Install Data folder
See [Guide] How to remove 'Boot OS X install from partition' from Clover bootloader

Try Update from Terminal:
Code:
sudo softwareupdate -i -a

@BreBo

Thank you very much for your hint, which helped me installing the security update.
I've experienced the same issue like others

Same here! By chance, are you on an NVMe drive?Never seen this with an update before. Nothing I try seems to let me get past that.

Here's what i've tried:
Rehabman r4444 Clover
Reinstalled/Reformatted to HFS+
Unplugged all other SATA devices
Plugged in only one other SATA device in port 2
Updated APFS.efi

NVMe is Samsung 960 Evo

I have the same issue, I have tried the various fixes but no good. Im using a Samsung 950 NVMe.
Thank you

I just have update via appstore and it up smooth

And btw the nvidia webdrive 387.10.10.10.30.107 have no lag anymore, I am soooooo happy for this

The glitch after sleep go away

My setup:
Asus Z170M Plus Intel Core i5 7500
1x8GB HyperX DDR4 2.400MHz
Asus GTX 1060 6GB
SSD 120GB (OS X System)
HDD 1000GB (Files)
HDD 500GB (OS X Backup)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 19.39.37.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 19.39.37.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 236
I was having lags on previous version ... I don't think it was related to Nvidia drivers as nobody was having them. Now after this update went smooth, I've updated Nvidia drivers via webdriver cli command and everything is smooth as butter.

True, finally after all these versions, nvidia(or apple) has finally made the lags go away. I've been using the 106 slight-lag-version for a long time, now it's working perfectly.

Update process were performed without errors via AppStore, including the new 387.10.10.10.30.107 NVIDIA driver, no inteface lags at all. Audio and SSD Trim also OK.
View attachment 328043

Same here, no lag with 387.10.10.10.30.107
I've a GTX 1060 6GB

Yes, it looks like this update and its corresponding NVIDIA driver release have finally fixed the desktop lag/stuttering issues.

Even the WebGL Pasta demo runs smoothly again, like it did on 10.12.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back