Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hackeron, @zhuangzi, @Jmlu, if your App Store Update failed with:

macOS could not be installed on your computer
The installer resources were not found.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

Remove .IAProductInfo and the macOS Install Data folder
See [Guide] How to remove 'Boot OS X install from partition' from Clover bootloader

Try Update from Terminal:
Code:
sudo softwareupdate -i -a

@BreBo, thanks for the instructions. I attempted this, still same error as you wrote above.

1) Reselecting my main partition just boots me into 17E199.
2) In 17E199, removed the files, retried the update in terminal. I attempt to boot the install macOS partition. same result
3) Went into recovery, found files came back, removed them, retried the install macOS parititon, same result

I saw the update notice in the App Store and ran it without checking here first. Update ran fine. Reverted to the MacOS nvidia driver upon reboot. I ran the script to patch the .106 driver. Having issues with the 106 driver, however. Screen write stutters pretty badly. I have a GT 1030 so perhaps that's the issue. It ran very well before the update.

I saw the update notice in the App Store and ran it without checking here first. Update ran fine. Reverted to the MacOS nvidia driver upon reboot. I ran the script to patch the .106 driver. Having issues with the 106 driver, however. Screen write stutters pretty badly. I have a GT 1030 so perhaps that's the issue. It ran very well before the update.

nVidia updated driver to .107 -- all is well again.

@hackeron, @zhuangzi, @Jmlu, if your App Store Update failed with:

macOS could not be installed on your computer
The installer resources were not found.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

Remove .IAProductInfo and the macOS Install Data folder
See [Guide] How to remove 'Boot OS X install from partition' from Clover bootloader

Try Update from Terminal:
Code:
sudo softwareupdate -i -a

Thank you! Worked quite nicely. I also made sure to follow this step from your linked [Guide] Thread:

This worked for me! I also went ahead and deleted the .IAProductInfo file at the root of the drive.

Updated no problems. Updated to latest drivers with the NVIDIA Web Manager. Thanks @vulgo! Never used your tool before but man is it cool.

This Update screwed up my USB 3.0...
The ports aren't even recognized in IORegistryExplorer :/
Does anyone have the same issues or even a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back