Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Sapphire RX580 Pulse installed, after update I get error trying to export h264 video from Final
Cut Pro X.

Just a heads-up, if you’re using the most recent version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup, you can now specify ‘ngfxcompat=1’ as a boot flag to bypass the system build number check with the web drivers.

The Nvidia control panel will still pop up an alert that you're running an incompatible version and have been reset to the default graphics drivers, but you'll have full QE/CI.

I have Sapphire RX580 Pulse installed, after update I get error trying to export h264 video from Final
Cut Pro X.
I have Sapphire RX580 Nitro and am able to export to compressor from FCPX and render h264 no problem. Ran the Security update from the app store yesterday.

I'm following the instructions:
  1. I updated the apfs.efi
  2. I made sure FakeSMC.kext is in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others
  3. I pressed update in the app store which ran quite quickly and then rebooted
  4. After reboot, Cover automatically selects the "Install OSX" option
  5. Then it shows a black screen for 20 minutes or so, followed by showing this:
View attachment 327730

I tried:
  1. Upgrading clover to latest version: https://www.sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/
  2. Upgrading FakeSMC to latest version: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/
I'm still able to boot into 10.13.3 without issues, but not able to upgrade to 10.13.4. Any ideas? - maybe it's the NVME storage?

Hey -

I have the same issue. Never seen this with an update before. Nothing I try seems to let me get past that.

Just a heads-up, if you’re using the most recent version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup, you can now specify ‘ngfxcompat=1’ as a boot flag to bypass the system build number check with the web drivers.

The Nvidia control panel will still pop up an alert that you're running an incompatible version and have been reset to the default graphics drivers, but you'll have full QE/CI.
The WebDriverManager app from post #1 of this thread works better with ngfxcompat. It can set the boot argument for you as well, and other things.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 17.49.01.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 17.49.01.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 358

To help others with similar problem in my case it was clover config Inject Intel(i set it to true) without setting ig-platform-id
On both PC(HD 4600) and laptop(HD 620). After that i was able to install update and boot to OS.

Thx

Until the update, my RX 560 was fine without RadeonDelnit, Lilu, WhateverGreen. But after updating I needed Lilu and WhateverGreen. The RX 560 seems to be completely out of support.
It is strange that it is a security update this time.
I would like to have a report of RX 560 users.

Most RX560 need lilu/whatever or one of 3 other methods to work since last update. There is a separate thread for that card. TLDR: lilu/whatever is a fine fix.

Hello. Sorry for my English, I'm French. You may be mistaken for an idiot, but how do you install NvidiaGraphicsFixup? I download the zip and then ?? thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back