Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update went fine. Have lost graphics driver, but fixed with Benjamin's script.

No problems at all

Installed via App Store. System is now stuck in an infinite reboot loop. Kernel panic, but text scrolls by too fast to see then reboots. Tried safe mode, but it showed the "prohibited" symbol and stopped there. Subsequent attempts to boot into safe mode now also just kernel panic as well.

Edit: Actually the problem is after the update it added a new default boot option "Install macOS from macOS" option in clover that wasn't there before. If I boot from that, it kernel panics and reboots. But selecting the regular boot option lets me boot back into macOS. The update apparently did not get applied completely, as the 2018-001 update is still showing in App Store.

Doing a full backup now before attempting anything else.

Last edited:
Updated through App Store, went painlessly. Had to use the nVidia Updater, but apart from that everything else works.

I have a problem with update via app store for the first time on both laptop and PC.
Any idea what is wrong ?

Thx

Attachments

• 10.13.4.jpg
    10.13.4.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 392
Installed via App Store. System is now stuck in an infinite reboot loop. Kernel panic, but text scrolls by too fast to see then reboots. Tried safe mode, but it showed the "prohibited" symbol and stopped there. Subsequent attempts to boot into safe mode now also just kernel panic as well.

Edit: Actually the problem is after the update it added a new default boot option "Install macOS from macOS" option in clover that wasn't there before. If I boot from that, it kernel panics and reboots. But selecting the regular boot option lets me boot back into macOS. The update apparently did not get applied completely, as the 2018-001 update is still showing in App Store.

Doing a full backup now before attempting anything else.

Some progress. I was able to get past the kernel panic and finish the install by using a FakeID of 0x12345678 for my Intel 5500u graphics (Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 3rd gen). However the update seems to introduce a problem with my graphics. It no longer boots with the correct ID of 0x16260006. I'm able to boot as long as I'm setting the FakeID, however I'm getting lots of screen flickering. I'm using the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist from here.

Attached kernel panic output.

Attachments

• crash.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Flawless experience, only patched AppleHDA as usual; macOS 10.13.4 (17E202):clap:

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 09.37.51.png

I have a problem with update via app store for the first time on both laptop and PC.
Any idea what is wrong ?

I was able to get past the kernel panic and finish the install by using a FakeID of 0x12345678 for my Intel 5500u graphics (Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 3rd gen). However the update seems to introduce a problem with my graphics. It no longer boots with the correct ID of 0x16260006. I'm able to boot as long as I'm setting the FakeID, however I'm getting lots of screen flickering. I'm using the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist from here.

See Post #2 :

Please post help requests in the High Sierra Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Hey,

For me, the update got stuck on apfs_module_start.
Before starting, I updated apfs.efi to the latest version.
Do you have any idea what happened?

Attachments

• IMG_1673.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_1673.HEIC.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 320
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back