Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.4 Security Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is ok after update.

The nvidia driver update automatically popped up after login.
No changes in the files was needed.

FYI, my system was hanging during the install. I had to put FakeSMC in Clover's kexts/Other folder, having it in kexts/10.13 wasn't enough.

My system is hanging during installation of the update even if FakeSMC is in the kexts/other folder.
Any advice?

Updated via the App Store with no issues. System did report that old NVIDA drivers were incompatible following the update, but they did install flawlessly using NVIDA's driver update.

RX560, update went smooth but you need to KEEP lilu/green if you have a RX560. Do NOT remove them before update (nor after).

USB audio dongle really is marvellous, never any need to reapply anything :)

not shoing in software update here

Anyone know which ATI drivers were updated?

Something has been up with my XFX HD6870 1024MB since installing.

Have tried different frame buffers in clover conifg just to verify, and no difference.

video memory performance seems drastically reduced. I get warnings on my CAD programs now that I am operating with reduced video memory and that it will cause performance glitches, yet I've never received the message prior to the update.

system profile says the same thing it did before as well. 6870 with 1024mb...

does anyone have a suggestion what I may try to figure out what is causing the issue?
Your signature is reduced to virtual nothing :), how do you expect help without telling us precisely what you got.

Here's my process for upgrading to the latest version of the macOS: 10.13.4 Security update.

I do not advocate this process for anyone else, but post it just for informational purposes:

1. Unchecked nvda_drv=1 under Boot in Clover Configurator
2. Set CsrActiveConfig=0x67 under RT Variables in Clover Configurator
3. Disconnected my 10GBE card and connected my 1 GBE built-in card (for the most part optional - most of you don't have 10GBE cards, I think....)
4. Uninstalled the Nvidia drivers using Vulgo's brilliant script (webdriver) -> sudo ./webdriver.sh -r.
5. Another optional step: Updated caches -> sudo kextcache -i /
6. Reboot
7. Ran installer from the App Store. Let it do it's thing (2 reboots, I think)
8. Ran Benjamin Dobell's excellent script:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)
which installed the latest safe Nvidia driver: 387.10.10.10.30.107
9. Reconnected 10GBE card (Mieze patch still working)
10. Double checked that nvda_drv=1 was re-enabled, will re-adjust CsrActiveConfig later, so just one more reboot and....Done!

No issues with Audio, Network, all was it was before the update. Took about 10-15 minutes, roughly...

And the new Nvidia driver works perfectly in Chrome and Firefox, so all the sturm und drang about Nvidia drivers can now hopefully just fade, fade, fade away......yes, they put out some bad drivers, but 30.107 operates perfectly for me.....and for many many others.

Perhaps if you've updated to 30.107 and you're still having troubles, it might be wise to start looking elsewhere for the source of your issues. One thing that helped me was updating to NvidiaGraphicsFixup version 1.2.7 - this is the one that has no lag correction in it, and with that update, and the 30.107 driver, everything works and things, at least for me, are working just swimmingly.

Last edited:
Perfect update, easy-peazy. Updated Nvidia to .30.107 with the updater. The U.I. is smooth, no glitches. First time since I installed the GTX1050 last year. Now to put the GPU through its paces. Update took about 5 minutes.

Edit: Early observation, GPU and CPU are running cooler with slower fan speeds
Sound works, sleep works. Safari and Chrome both are smooth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back