Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Pertinent files will be uploaded at a later time].

Interesting behavior I've observed since applying 10.13.3 patch on a Sandy Bridge HP Elitebook 2560P: use of the rear USB ports results in an immediate reboot. The combo USB/eSata port on the right hand side of the laptop doesn't exhibit this behavior. More to follow.

Succes with combo update on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, ver.1.3, F12 bios and 4.8 GHz overclock i5 2500k.
The normal update didn't work.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB works smooth with Nvidia web driver 378.10.10.10.25.156

It's easy to send me the bios settings for cpu O.C ? I have i7 2600K
Thank you.!!!

for lag on nvidia driver, launch Terminal:

Code:
cd ~/Downloads/
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh/master/webdriver.sh
chmod 755 webdriver.sh
sudo ./webdriver.sh -c -u https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106.pkg
sudo ./webdriver.sh -m

restart

This did it for me! Thanks!

I had a black screen when booting. Here's what finally worked for me, after messing around with Intel injection for several days before diving into this more. Ultimately, I used webdriver.sh:
Upon reboot, this had the same driver, which was broken before, fully functional on my system.

This is an amazing script - thanks vulgo! I will be using this to keep my drivers up-to-date from now on.

HI there, I just updated my Computer, worked like a charm, until I applied the Clover ALC 130 command it´s Stuck on the Apple Logo ? I even tryed to rebuild kextcache in Singeuser mode.:cry:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
You should downgrade the NVIDIA driver. I had the exact same issue. Downgrading to .106 solved my problem.

There's a ticket on the NVIDIAGraphicsFixUp sourceforge page that describes several other users having the same issue. The ticket links to a ****** page: with the steps you should follow. I skipped step 5 because I'm using NVIDIAGraphicsFixUp.

Download for .106 drivers
Download for webdriver.sh

Steps from ******:

Set build using webdriver:
Code:
./webdriver.sh -m 17D47

An alternative to the steps on ****** is using the InsanelyMac NVIDIA driver repackager. Follow the instructions in Readme.txt. This method does not require Pacifist. Make sure you have 10.3.3 installed and instead of the latest driver (as per readme.txt) use the .106 driver I've linked above. I have not tested this method but it should work as the script extracts whatever driver (.pkg) is there and extracts the build number using commnadline tools.

Success !! System definition is imac 17,1
Downloaded the *.106 driver, webdriver.sh, InsanelyMac NVIDIA driver repackager.

Steps to do it

1. Repackage the Nvidia *106 driver using InsanelyMac NVIDIA driver repackager. (Please check the readme file inside it to know how to repack)
2. Uninstall the latest driver from preference pane if necessary.
3. Install the repackaged driver from desktop (this is the output package by step 1)
4. Open terminal and navigate to webdriver.sh location and type sudo ./webdriver.sh -m 17D47
5. Hit Enter and type your password then reboot.

Hi,

I tried the combo update on 10.13.1. But now the system wont boot. It reboots immedialely after the progressbar shows up.

I have tried -liluoff boot parameter, now it does boot up, show regular hard disk activity, but after about 60% of the progressbar, the monitor goes blank.

Tried updating lilu.kext in 'Other' folder as well as '10.13' folder but no success.

My system configuration: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH with Intel i7 6700K, 16GB of DDR4 RAM and Sapphire Radeon RX 470 4GB graphics card. The monitor is connected with DP. Also tried using HDMI port, but same result.

Any suggestions?

[SOLVED]: I’m currently on 10.13.1 and when trying to update to High Sierra 10.13.3 it downloads and reboots and then I navigate to "Install macOS from Macintosh HDD" and it boots for a little while then gray screen with spinning wheel. If I force reboot I can still boot into my original install of 10.13.1 (System Definitions: iMac 14.2).

Suggestions on why the update won't complete?

- Attached image of white screen that occurs during the 10.13.3 update
- Attached the verbose mode output when running the update after reboot

[RESOLUTION]: See post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-3-update.243852/page-48#post-1690872

Attachments

• 00B20CD5-F55A-4EA0-B696-86B2CB7B4D7D.jpeg
    00B20CD5-F55A-4EA0-B696-86B2CB7B4D7D.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 176
  • BB3EA90E-695C-43D2-9B05-950D1ED96E37.jpeg
    BB3EA90E-695C-43D2-9B05-950D1ED96E37.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Downloaded 10.13.3 update. First attempt failed to initiate. Reran and everything went smoothly. Had to reinstall Audio. Still having periodic Wifi issues as noted in 10.13.2 update notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back