Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After running the update from the app store I've been getting stuck in something of a loop when booting in verbose mode. The attached logs just keep showing in a loop. Namely:

Failed to get apfs volume keybag, err = 2
Failed to initialize volume keybag, err = 2

I read somewhere that this was the result of a missing apfs.efi but it was definitely installed before the update (and i also tried booting from a fresh multibeast USB). If i don't boot verbose i just get a white spinner on a black screen.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20180202_085055.jpg
    IMG_20180202_085055.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 159
So. Last night I downloaded the .106 update. I also downloaded the webdriver.sh file. I also grabbed the Nvidia repackager.
I first used the repackager to repackage the .106 installer to install on my station now that the 10.13.3 update was already installed. That worked just fine. I rebooted. My station did not load the nvidia drivers, and now said that my nvidia drivers were no longer compatible that I would have to update them to the .156 version. I close all the dialogs and ran the webdriver.sh file using the -m 17D47 flag option. Rebooted again. The Nvidia drivers work. And they work like it should. SUPER FAST. Everything works great now. No lag or slowdown. The drivers don't give me alerts. All is right with the world. Thanks to you all for all the info here!

You can use download the Nvidia WebDriver-Payload Repackager from InsanelyMac to repack the installer and edit the Info.plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext (/L/E/) and change NVDARequiredOS for your build version.

Do you have to edit the Info.plist file yourself?
You can use download the Nvidia WebDriver-Payload Repackager from InsanelyMac to repack the installer and edit the Info.plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext (/L/E/) and change NVDARequiredOS for your build version.

I've tried this three times now; running OS X 10.13.3 and trying to install the x.106 version of the NVIDIA driver. Every time the script leaves me with a "Repackaged-WebDriver.pkg" on my desktop, which I run, which then complains that this isn't the right version of the driver for this version of the OS and dumps me back to the built-in drivers.

Is there some painfully obvious step I'm overlooking?

Do you have to edit the Info.plist file yourself?

I've tried this three times now; running OS X 10.13.3 and trying to install the x.106 version of the NVIDIA driver. Every time the script leaves me with a "Repackaged-WebDriver.pkg" on my desktop, which I run, which then complains that this isn't the right version of the driver for this version of the OS and dumps me back to the built-in drivers.

Is there some painfully obvious step I'm overlooking?

What is your MacOS build version?

That's the installer that complains, right?

I already had nvda_drv=1 selected. I tried both on and off with same results.

I'll have to make a Unibeast USB. How do I apply the update through that?

Thanks.
DL the OS app off the app store then make a unibeast. Then use the updater in the app store and boot the installer using unibeast, i hope that makes since. Thats what i did. It will be called OSinstall from OS HD or something like that.

I used a tool called „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ – don’t know if it’s available in English.

Open the app, choose „Webdriver neu installieren“ („Reinstall web driver“), choose the old webdriver *.pkg file – the app installs the old driver.

Restart the app, choose „Vorhandenen Webdriver Patchen“ („patch existing web driver“) – click through, choose „Rechte bereinigen“ („correct permissions“) enter admin password and restart the Mac.

this worked for me too gtx750ti.. with 10.13.3 drivers the system didnt even booted unless i disabled the nvidia drivers.. (ofc it looks bad).. rolled back.. works like a charm.. !! thanks..

PRO Tip: i had to uninstall the current drivers and then install the older by patching.. tried with the newer drivers and it didnt worked..

After running the update from the app store I've been getting stuck in something of a loop when booting in verbose mode. The attached logs just keep showing in a loop. Namely:

Failed to get apfs volume keybag, err = 2
Failed to initialize volume keybag, err = 2

I read somewhere that this was the result of a missing apfs.efi but it was definitely installed before the update (and i also tried booting from a fresh multibeast USB). If i don't boot verbose i just get a white spinner on a black screen.

Any suggestions?

johnryan, double check to make sure the correct EFI mount point is the one that has your apfs.efi added to it. Its placement should look like below:

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 8.24.51 PM.png

johnryan, double check to make sure the correct EFI mount point is the one that has your apfs.efi added to it. Its placement should look like below:

View attachment 310546

In-N-Out thanks for the suggestion...i tried booting from a USB stick with a fresh install from multibeast (see screenshot). After booting in verbose mode i just end up on a black screen with no additional output. Do you have any suggestions? Everything was working fine on 10.13.2.

NOTE: I AM able to boot in safe mode...not sure if that might be indicative of something. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 8.26.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 8.26.46 PM.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 394
I got the „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ from the German website -- had to create an account but my profile was for an English user interface, so the Webdriver all versions app has English menus. It worked with the 106.pkg, and 10.3.3 is now much improved -- no spinning beachballs or lags. I'm feeling that with this earlier Nvidia driver, High Sierra is now very usable.

In-N-Out thanks for the suggestion...i tried booting from a USB stick with a fresh install from multibeast (see screenshot). After booting in verbose mode i just end up on a black screen with no additional output. Do you have any suggestions? Everything was working fine on 10.13.2.

NOTE: I AM able to boot in safe mode...not sure if that might be indicative of something. Thanks!

johnryan, Even using the USB stick requires you place apfs.efi in it's drivers64UEFI directory. Multibeast does not do this for you. That process should have been done when you were creating the USB. Have a look at this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back