Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, after update completed at first system boot I saw that I have no sound and re-installed it via MultiBeast.
But I think its no matters, because before this and some time ago, on another machine with Sierra update like for 10.12.x I got same situation even after restart there were not sound.

At first I thought the same thing. Once the update finishes installing it loads the OS right away without rebooting. At this point, clover has not injected anything because you booted with the "Install MacOS volume" and not your regular "MacOS volume"

Once you do a normal boot, sound should come back. At least that's what happened in my case using CloverACL.

Okay, I will check this next update time more carefully.

The install worked fine. No issues. Same for the NVidia Web graphics update.
The problem now is the station behaves very slowly and unresponsive.
I updated Lilu and LiluFriend. No effect.
I updated APFS.efi on the off chance it might make a difference. No Effect.
I have 8700k OC's to 4.9ghz liquid cooled.
I have a 1 tb SSD M.2 main hard drive with 900gb free.
I have 32 gb ram.
I have NVidia GTX 1070 Ti from Zotac.
I have disabled Spotlight indexing and Siri, just in case. no effect.
Enabled trimforce no effect.
Disabled trimforce. No efect.
Writing this email is a nightmare right now because the screen won't update for seconds at a time as if the computer is doing something heavy. I have checked activity monitor and it shows no activity other than Chrome at the moment.
I ran Cinebench and Geekbench and the scores were even higher than when I first got the station running.

Im at a complete loss.
Could it be a bad NVidia driver?
Any ideas would be highly appreciated. This is a work station and it's almost unusable in this state.
I was freaking blinding and beautiful and perfect before this last update.

I had some problems with the Nvidia driver. To fix the problem, I removed everything related to Nvidia on s/l/e l/e and kext/others. Then I proceeded to place NVWebDriverLibValFix and Lilu under /kext/others and all worked just fine after that.

I experience some annoying lag on Chrome. To fix it, I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it again. My Hackintosh runs perfect now!

I had some problems with the Nvidia driver. To fix the problem, I removed everything related to Nvidia on s/l/e l/e and kext/others. Then I proceeded to place NVWebDriverLibValFix and Lilu under /kext/others and all worked just fine after that.

I experience some annoying lag on Chrome. To fix it, I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it again. My Hackintosh runs perfect now!
Thanks for you quick reply.
I tried your recommendations.
Sadly its only a little bit better.
But it slows down in cycles. Perfect cycles of a couple of seconds per slow, then performs just fine.
And this only affects browsers.
The rest of the computer is fine. Meaning Photoshop, Premiere, Finder, etc... are all unaffected.
Or at least it's not noticeable.
It's such a wierd problem.

Attachments

• IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 172
If you were not having these panic attacks before the update, one of the things that worked for me was simplifying the boot arguments list for Clover to the bare minimum I needed to get the station booting. Once that was done I tried one by one enabling the boot arguments I knew I needed. For example the NVidia boot arguments. Just getting that to work can be difficult. If you find yourself struggling, maybe consider downgrading to 10.13.2 again if it was working for you before. There is no need to rush to 10.13.3 just yet. You have the option of waiting for others to iron out the issues before moving up to a new OS version. I moved too quick and loaded 10.13.3 and now internet browsers on my station are buggy, choppy and slow. And I do not know the reason yet. I'm trying the simplest updates to things that might have something to do with how the Nic card works on motherboard. I thought that maybe Apple's new file system might have something to do with the slow downs, so I tried updating apfs.efi. That didn't work so I moved on from there. I might try installing the RealTec drivers again. Or maybe there is a new one I could look for. The process is slow and methodical. A quick google search of the last message of your attached image yielded this: https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1251105 But I don't think you have bad ram to be honest. If you have extra ram sticks maybe try swapping them just to confirm. However that error might also point to something being wrong with how Clover is setup as far as memory and memory handling is concerned. Just a thought. There are incredibly talented people on this forum who will have a much better idea of what is happening to your system than me.

If you were not having these panic attacks before the update, one of the things that worked for me was simplifying the boot arguments list for Clover to the bare minimum I needed to get the station booting. Once that was done I tried one by one enabling the boot arguments I knew I needed. For example the NVidia boot arguments. Just getting that to work can be difficult. If you find yourself struggling, maybe consider downgrading to 10.13.2 again if it was working for you before. There is no need to rush to 10.13.3 just yet. You have the option of waiting for others to iron out the issues before moving up to a new OS version. I moved too quick and loaded 10.13.3 and now internet browsers on my station are buggy, choppy and slow. And I do not know the reason yet. I'm trying the simplest updates to things that might have something to do with how the Nic card works on motherboard. I thought that maybe Apple's new file system might have something to do with the slow downs, so I tried updating apfs.efi. That didn't work so I moved on from there. I might try installing the RealTec drivers again. Or maybe there is a new one I could look for. The process is slow and methodical. A quick google search of the last message of your attached image yielded this: https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1251105 But I don't think you have bad ram to be honest. If you have extra ram sticks maybe try swapping them just to confirm. However that error might also point to something being wrong with how Clover is setup as far as memory and memory handling is concerned. Just a thought. There are incredibly talented people on this forum who will have a much better idea of what is happening to your system than me.
Thanks Juliodm

Fresh update to 10.13.3: I'm having both the display flickering issue AND the runaway kernel_task memory problem (6GB-10GB!). Everything was perfect on 10.12. Boot drive is APFS.

Steps so far:
- Did system maintenance, repair, caches, etc.
- Updated Clover to latest version
- Installed latest web driver, Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup

What a mess this is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back