Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Others have said to disable hardware acceleration in the brower. Looks like a glitch with h265 streaming on hardware.
this is not just a problem with the Safari. A problem that exists throughout the system. @thedocbwarren

Updated to 10.13.3 without hiccup, NVIDIA updated automatically to ".156". The system does seem a bit laggy. Moving between desktops is glitchy. Possibly the system needs to "settle" for a bit. Will update tomorrow with other insights.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 10.30.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 10.30.04 AM.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 189
I used a tool called „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ – don’t know if it’s available in English.

Open the app, choose „Webdriver neu installieren“ („Reinstall web driver“), choose the old webdriver *.pkg file – the app installs the old driver.

Restart the app, choose „Vorhandenen Webdriver Patchen“ („patch existing web driver“) – click through, choose „Rechte bereinigen“ („correct permissions“) enter admin password and restart the Mac.

Made my day @Fuximus - Thanks a lot!!! I had the same lagging and stuttering macOS after updating. As soon as I passed your workaround everything works flawlessly

P.S Also had to run the AGDPfix.app to fix the black screen on my iMac17,1 sysdef

I used a tool called „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ – don’t know if it’s available in English.

Open the app, choose „Webdriver neu installieren“ („Reinstall web driver“), choose the old webdriver *.pkg file – the app installs the old driver.

Restart the app, choose „Vorhandenen Webdriver Patchen“ („patch existing web driver“) – click through, choose „Rechte bereinigen“ („correct permissions“) enter admin password and restart the Mac.

I solve this laggy problems with tool from #125 post and install .106 driver.
everything is perfect now.
thanks again to everyone.

Great find mate , this worked like a charm.
Thanks for your help.
Same here !!!

Any definitely fix to avoid rolling back the Nvidia driver ???

Update

So it seems like I am the only one having this particular problem.

To further understand what is going on I followed the Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra. This removed all traces of Nvidia and GeForce kexts from my rig.

By not having Nvidia installed I was able to perform the 10.13.3 install successfully, however the boot MacOS process reboots before graphics are loaded.

I videoed the load, but could only clearly see the words "Rebooting" at the end of a verbose mode boot.

My Rig has the following components:
Z97x-UD7-TH
I7-4790 LGA 1150
EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC (Using Display port)
a mac OSXWifi Card with PCI adapter
using apfs
Clover 4380

I am using the 14,2 hardware profile
Boot args indicate that NVidia Web Drivers are used (disabling this in clover does not help)
all modes of graphics injection are disabled
Lilu has been uninstalled.

I think that I have ruled out an Nvidia driver related problem here. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Is there a way to have the verbose boot screen not reboot?

How do I fix this?
Same stuff here, the only way to solve it was to downgrade video driver. Went smooth then.

I guess using Hackintosh is getting harder. While El Capitan can easily come up from many faults including the era. I guess now this is not as easy as the old one.

I've been constantly faced with problems since I switched to the last systems.

Haven't had much trouble with 10.3.1 & AMD480.
El Cap was fine too with HD530 iGPU and AMD6870 from my old hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back