Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disable serial port?
yer disable , after update in clover I have 1 instal from macos and start macOS ...with normal macOS work, with instal I have the problem...

Update

So it seems like I am the only one having this particular problem.

To further understand what is going on I followed the Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra. This removed all traces of Nvidia and GeForce kexts from my rig.

By not having Nvidia installed I was able to perform the 10.13.3 install successfully, however the boot MacOS process reboots before graphics are loaded.

I videoed the load, but could only clearly see the words "Rebooting" at the end of a verbose mode boot.

My Rig has the following components:
Z97x-UD7-TH
I7-4790 LGA 1150
EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC (Using Display port)
a mac OSXWifi Card with PCI adapter
using apfs
Clover 4380

I am using the 14,2 hardware profile
Boot args indicate that NVidia Web Drivers are used (disabling this in clover does not help)
all modes of graphics injection are disabled
Lilu has been uninstalled.

I think that I have ruled out an Nvidia driver related problem here. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Is there a way to have the verbose boot screen not reboot?

How do I fix this?
Here is the picture of the panic. Has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2455.JPG
    IMG_2455.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
You can use download the Nvidia WebDriver-Payload Repackager from InsanelyMac to repack the installer and edit the Info.plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext (/L/E/) and change NVDARequiredOS for your build version.

Hello everyone! Very new here with my first build this week. Everything went more or less ok, except NVIDEA drivers. Also installed 387.10.10.10.25.156 and the lag is very noticeable.

I used above instructions to install previous drivers (tried with *.104 *.105 and *.106) and I was able to install them, but after the reboot Nvidia tells me that that driver is not compatible with my system so can't load the driver, so it's using the default macOS driver.

Anyone can help me here? Thanks

kextd stall (240) AppleACPICPU......

Attachments

• IMG_20180126_192055.jpg
    IMG_20180126_192055.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 109
After updating from the App Store, I noticed the sound wasn't working. Worried since I had so much trouble achieving sound the first time with this motherboard. I proceeded to install the Nvidia driver (link found here on tonymacx86). After installing the Nvidia driver and rebooting my computer I found the sound was now working. I felt better, no having to worry about sound. Everything seems pretty good. I backup to my m2 drive before updating, so if something goes wrong, I can boot from it and do a reinstall with Carbon Copy Cloner.

I tried to install the update but it does not install it

having the same issue... and what's odds is their are no errors or crash reports. Also, there is no visible volume for "Install macOS from (your drive name)" in Clover after the installer restarts the machine. please share the details of your rig.. thanks.

For reference I am running clover ver. 4380
- A custom dsdt.aml with 0 MaciASL errors/warnings
- Boot Flags: dart=0 darkwake=2 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0
- kext list and config.plist attached (XXX represents values I removed)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 1.42.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 1.42.37 PM.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Yepp that was maybe too fast :). down graded Nvidia to xxxx.106 and Now I'm fine :)
I went to o xxxx.106 - on updated 10.13.13. Now all is smooth again...

uploaded with Webdriver all version and WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106 all good...

I also had to reinstall the audio driver, but besides that it was a flawless experience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back