Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've upgraded to 10.13.3 successfully but I am no longer Inject Intel. I applied latest CoreDisplayFixup and Lilu but it doesn't work. Any ideas ?

Any Coffee Lake success yet? Do we just have to wait for the new Lilu.kext before even thinking about updating?

I also have a Z370 and the upgrade went well - very easy. I did keep the older Nvidia driver (see post # 203).

For Z370 users (and maybe many other motherboards) with Clover r4380, I was able to load the system without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, as Clover r4380 contains some new memory management utilities that obviates the need for emu.....which makes the upgrade even easier!

Last edited:
So I updated clover, updated kexts, manually removed the Nvidia web driver and the install still failed. It completes the installation phase, but fails to boot afterwards getting 75% of the way before the PC reboots, and indicates that an error occurred which forced the reboot. Could this be the end of the line for my Rig or is there something else I should do to make this happen?

Update

So it seems like I am the only one having this particular problem.

To further understand what is going on I followed the Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra. This removed all traces of Nvidia and GeForce kexts from my rig.

By not having Nvidia installed I was able to perform the 10.13.3 install successfully, however the boot MacOS process reboots before graphics are loaded.

I videoed the load, but could only clearly see the words "Rebooting" at the end of a verbose mode boot.

My Rig has the following components:
Z97x-UD7-TH
I7-4790 LGA 1150
EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC (Using Display port)
a mac OSXWifi Card with PCI adapter
using apfs
Clover 4380

I am using the 14,2 hardware profile
Boot args indicate that NVidia Web Drivers are used (disabling this in clover does not help)
all modes of graphics injection are disabled
Lilu has been uninstalled.

I think that I have ruled out an Nvidia driver related problem here. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Is there a way to have the verbose boot screen not reboot?

How do I fix this?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
I've just run the update and now my second display (HDMI) causes the whole machine to hang or reboot when I turn the monitor on. The primary monitor uses displayport. Prior to the update I would turn on the second display once the machine had fully booted up and it would work fine. I don't think I had any additional stuff installed or tweaked, as the HD630 graphics seemed to work fine. I'm assuming that the update has overwritten something though? Any pointers most welcome.

I used a tool called „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ – don’t know if it’s available in English.

Open the app, choose „Webdriver neu installieren“ („Reinstall web driver“), choose the old webdriver *.pkg file – the app installs the old driver.

Restart the app, choose „Vorhandenen Webdriver Patchen“ („patch existing web driver“) – click through, choose „Rechte bereinigen“ („correct permissions“) enter admin password and restart the Mac.

Thanks for this... downloaded the app. Any idea where I can download the .106 drivers?

Downloaded the 10.13.3 Update DMG (not the Combo) as was up to date with all the previous updates.
Spec: iMac13,2, i7-3770K, RX580 GPU (no IGPU), HFS+ Crucial SSD.
Install did not work. I got :
View attachment 308442
Downloaded it again. Same.
Downloaded 10.13.3 Combo update and that installed OK.
Very strange.

Are you using APFS? I also had that problem and trying to install thru the app store didn't work either. It seemed to work then just didn't and said 10.13.2 when it rebooted.

These updates are getting much simpler, thanks again for this resource! I just waited for updated Nvidia driver before installing, went very smooth. No audio issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back