Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to 10.13.2 basically with the same Web Driver issue. On a side note, I can't set my TonyMac graphics card correctly, I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 950 card which is not one of Tony's options. I am sure that this will get sorted out in a day or two. I may uninstall the Web Drivers before I update again, but it looks like some have already tried this with no luck re-installing them afterwards.

So I updated clover, updated kexts, manually removed the Nvidia web driver and the install still failed. It completes the installation phase, but fails to boot afterwards getting 75% of the way before the PC reboots, and indicates that an error occurred which forced the reboot. Could this be the end of the line for my Rig or is there something else I should do to make this happen?

Last edited:
Any Coffee Lake success yet? Do we just have to wait for the new Lilu.kext before even thinking about updating?

I updated my Coffee Lake yesterday without problems.

I used a tool called „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ – don’t know if it’s available in English.

Open the app, choose „Webdriver neu installieren“ („Reinstall web driver“), choose the old webdriver *.pkg file – the app installs the old driver.

Restart the app, choose „Vorhandenen Webdriver Patchen“ („patch existing web driver“) – click through, choose „Rechte bereinigen“ („correct permissions“) enter admin password and restart the Mac.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! x.156 was totally unusable for me in 4k mode. I mistakenly thought it was due to the meltdown/spectre patch :p

Has some issue when update to 10.13.3.

1. sudo softwareupdate -ia

2. Reboot to 'boot from Install *' with -v

3. Crashed at the moment that apple logo shows and mouse show

Any idea?

Has some issue when update to 10.13.3.
1. sudo softwareupdate -ia

2. Reboot to 'boot from Install *' with -v

3. Crashed at the moment that apple logo shows and mouse show

Any idea?

What motherboard and graphics are you using? (Your profile should include these items so folks can help).

What motherboard and graphics are you using? (Your profile should include these items so folks can help).
Sorry,

I'm using the Dell vostro 15-5568, because the Nvidia Graphics not work, so now using the Integrated Graphics Intel HD 620 with arguments `-v darkwake=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 debug=0x100 -disablegfxfirmware abm_firstpolldelay=16000 -lilubeta -alcbeta` and the Clover version is 4380.

What about performance? anyone experiencing a slower "Mac"? I can feel that i.e. window handling is worse now.... some Safari pages seems to lock the computer temporarily

bad guys are WindowsServer, kernel_task, it just freezes now and then after 10.13.3. Sometimes when I type, there is a delay for the characters to appear..

Having the exact same issue. Update went smoothly until I noticed when I open any app, the screen will freeze for a second or two. I checked my 8700k, and all frequency, benchmarks are fine. It just feels like there isn't enough memory for some reason... even I have 32gb. safari will refresh everything when I switch tabs...

Does anyone what cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back