Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just upgraded my Hp 250 G6 from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 and the only issue I can see is the brightness slider is now missing. I had used the clover patch for the backlight in 10.13.2, and had patched DSDT for the brightness keys. So this looks like the patch for the backlight kext may now need changing?

Edit: The backlight is now working. Looks like I just needed to refresh the cache. So the 10.13.3 update for the hp 250 g6 went perfectly. Everything working sleep/wake, Power management, Card reader, Audio, HDMI, trim, brightness, iMessage etc. I haven't noticed any performance degradation as yet. So in all, everything working on this notebook except the stock intel wifi, which I will change out for a compatible one soon. The USB TP-link TL-WN725N wifi is working fine in the meantime.

Last edited:
What about performance? anyone experiencing a slower "Mac"? I can feel that i.e. window handling is worse now.... some Safari pages seems to lock the computer temporarily

bad guys are WindowsServer, kernel_task, it just freezes now and then after 10.13.3. Sometimes when I type, there is a delay for the characters to appear..
Same here. I see some folks talking about downgrading the Nvidia web drivers to fix this problem.

Ok - so system running fine after update. Unfortunately, I have noticed some slowdown/stuttering video in safari, and to a lesser degree other browsers. Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.

X58-UD4P update with no problems, only sound (previous installed with audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command), but I reinstalled audio from MultiBeast 10.2.0, and audio run again.

Upgraded using the AppStore.

1st boot, there was no sound. (Sound card wasn't detected), Reboot and sound was back on.

So far I have not seen any difference from 10.13.2.

----------------------------------------
I think I know what happened with the first boot.
1) MacOS tells you you need to restart to install the update.
2) Computer reboots, At clover screen, I selected Install MacOS.
3) The upgrade starts and once it finishes it loads High Sierra. (*It does not reboot*)

That's why the Audio injection does not load. Once I reboot, sound is back.

Last edited:
So I read that downgrading the nvidia web drivers can resolve the weird lag in 10.13.3. I used the tool found on the german hackintosh site which indeed rolled back the driver from 156 to 106 but upon reboot im told that the driver is disabled as its not compatible. How can I get my Mac to accept the older nvidia driver?

So I read that downgrading the nvidia web drivers can resolve the weird lag in 10.13.3. I used the tool found on the german hackintosh site which indeed rolled back the driver from 156 to 106 but upon reboot im told that the driver is disabled as its not compatible. How can I get my Mac to accept the older nvidia driver?

I wrote directions. It will make the older version work with 10.13.3.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i7-8700k-gtx-1080.239969/page-49#post-1678238

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back