Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smooth update on Z370 and 8700k with Intel UHD 630. No issues after the update.

I'm a little confused which high sierra version to run as a first installation. Is it the update, combo or update for macpro?

it seems i should be using the macpro of high sierra but then i see people discussing and using the combo with their similar setups. A little confusing.

I'm running first time:
asrock x299 motherboard
7900x
nvidia 1080 ti

I'm a little confused which high sierra version to run as a first installation. Is it the update, combo or update for macpro?

it seems i should be using the macpro of high sierra but then i see people discussing and using the combo with their similar setups. A little confusing.

I'm running first time:
asrock x299 motherboard
7900x
nvidia 1080 ti
This thread is for people who have already installed High Sierra and want to update to 10.13.3. If you want to install High Sierra for the first time, see the tonymacx86 installation for 10.13 Installation in the Guides menu at the top of this page.

Update went smooth as silk here from 10.13.2 (no supplementary) to 10.13.3 through App Store
Schermata 2018-01-25 alle 21.21.46.png

No issue and no fixes needed after update.

Directly from Sapphire RX560

Unable to update from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 from either App Store or downloaded update file.

10.13.3 Update does not appear as available update on App Store list, running downloaded update file produces this error message:
View attachment 308339
Seems to think my SSD is a Fusion drive ???

Z97 as per my signature - Clover r4380 and Samsung 850 EVO formatted with APFS:
View attachment 308340

Got the same Problem. Any solution to this?

What about performance? anyone experiencing a slower "Mac"? I can feel that i.e. window handling is worse now.... some Safari pages seems to lock the computer temporarily

bad guys are WindowsServer, kernel_task, it just freezes now and then after 10.13.3. Sometimes when I type, there is a delay for the characters to appear..
I see that too...the smooth upgrade seemed to good to be true:lol::(

Smooth and fast update with no problems, I had to download and install Nvidia drivers manually, sound was intact after update. All seems to be fine and running fast haven't noticed any delays or lags. I don't use Safari anyway as I am a faithful Firefox user for more than a decade now. I'll spent more time tomorrow on my Hackintosh if i notice anything weird i'll post here.

Well, I've posted this before, in the 10.13.2 supplemental update, but just in case someone skipped and needs to update and wants to keep the previous Nvidia driver because the new driver isn't very good:

Here's what worked for me......

The following assumes you have an nVidia 900 or 1000 series video card with the nVidia webdriver loaded and working:
  • Get webdriver.sh (vulgo's post and his work) from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...isabling-nvidia-driver-driver-updated.239245/ Post#13.
  • Remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from Clover (I assume you would know where it is…)
  • Using the Nvidia driver utility (typically in the taskbar), change to OSX driver
  • Reboot and make sure the Nvidia driver does not load (there are a couple of different ways to do this - in Clover, under System Parameters, Inject NvidiaWeb would be one place to stop it from loading, right?)
  • Do the update (I did it from the App Store)
  • It will reboot, then in Clover boot into the update but make sure the Nvidia driver does not load (otherwise, expect an epic fail)
  • After the update does its thing (finishes with a reboot typically - remember no Nvidia....), login, start terminal, and change your directory to wherever webdriver.sh is…
  • In terminal, issue the command: sudo ./webdriver.sh -m 17D47 (or whatever you macOS version is, but according to vulgo, you may not need the macOS version, and you could get away with: sudo ./webdriver.sh -m)
  • Add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi back into Clover
  • Reboot and again, make sure the Nvidia driver does not load (meaning you should be still in the OSX driver with you boot into macOS)
  • With the Nvidia utility in the task bar, now select the Nvidia driver
  • Reboot again and test
  • Backup, backup, backup

Last edited:
Hi there I can't reach nvidia server for new drivers .. Any one knows why?

Hi there I can't reach nvidia server for new drivers .. Any one knows why?

Look for the correct link in this post.... lots of people have already answered this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back