Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated from 10.13.2 through App Store...no issues. Had to download Nvidia driver stand alone and install. No Lag. CUDA says it has to be updated and no driver is available...

Laptop dell vostro 3558. i5 5200U, 12 GB ram + SSD. The upgrade has been good, but I feel like it takes a little bit more to boot.

Just a tip for us doing the updates. I have been using Time Machine local snapshots and it has been a lifesaver. Saved me so much time reverting back to previous configurations. I have had to use it twice in the last month since I upgraded from Yosemite to High Sierra.

• To Take a snapshot manually
tmutil snapshot

• To view snapshots
tmutil listlocalsnapshots /

Reverting is as simple as booting to the recovery partition and selecting Time Machine as the source.
I believe macOS takes snapshots automatically when installing a patch/update.

Last edited:
No problem to update from AppStore coming from 10.13.2.2
I moved the fakeSMC.kext in EFI/clover/kexts/other before running updater
Hdmi audio still there (I use VoodooHDA)

I've Ran Nvidia WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156.pgg
As some others members I feel slowness and small lags at use - my boot is also few seconds longer
Needed to wait for next Nvidia drivers version to fix ?

Last edited:
I used a tool called „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ – don’t know if it’s available in English.

Open the app, choose „Webdriver neu installieren“ („Reinstall web driver“), choose the old webdriver *.pkg file – the app installs the old driver.

Restart the app, choose „Vorhandenen Webdriver Patchen“ („patch existing web driver“) – click through, choose „Rechte bereinigen“ („correct permissions“) enter admin password and restart the Mac.
Thanks for that!
After installing .156 drivers I've had black screen. Reverting it to .106 with your app solved the problem.

Thats related to NVRAM emulation in OSX. Latest clover enables native NVRAM in osx.
  1. Install updated Clover and install "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
  2. Make sure you have checked "NvidiaWeb" in System Parameters in Clover Configurator.
  3. Open /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and make sure that OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi are not there. If they are, delete them.
  4. Launch Terminal and enter:
    sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.boot.d
    sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.shutdown.d
  5. Reboot
  6. Select Nvidia Web Driver in Preferences
  7. Reboot and check
BTW refer to the correct thread to solve this issue with your specific configuration: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Hi Scambler77.

I am booting into a black screen after updated my nvidia driver. I tried your method:
1. remove the Nvidia driver according to the method in this post:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/

2. updated to the latest clover and removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. Then I install the new "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi".

(Credit to Scrambler77 in this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-3-update.243852/page-10)

3. Restart

However this doesnt fix my issue. Did I do anything wrong?

I skipped the 10.13.2 update, but the 10.13.3 looks like there are some bug fixes that I would like to have.

I used the Combo and the update was smooth without any problematic areas.

Like with the 10.3.1 upgrade the ALC 892 audio did not work at the first login.

I have a 2-ch Soundflower interface that becomes the default device instead.

But on the second boot the Realtek device was recognised - same experience as I had the last time I upgraded.
So there was no need to use Toledas patch this time either.

I noticed huge lags and stuttering - especially in safari - after updating and installing the new web drivers (GTX 960) as well.
Not noticing this with mine. make sure you have working either nvidiafixup or nvidialibvalfix. it sounds like windows server is not getting accelerated.

is it ok to update to this straight from Sierra 10.12.6?

Trying to upgrade from 10.12.6 but after downloading 10.13.3 and running it, the computer reboots but there is no "install macos from X". Just the normal options to boot from various disks. I tried both the Combo update and the regular after downloading from the App Store didn't install anything. Both say they require 10.13 to run. How do I upgrade from 10.12.6 to the current?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back