Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a CMP 5.1 (2010 / GTX 1080TI + 2012 / GTX 980TI) with Sierra and I always postpone updates like this to be sure that I can keep on working. As a filmmaker I really need my workhorses. But yesterday I updated the security update and I was not realizing this was a brand new update and not the previous one. So I ended up with a unrecognizable GPU. Also I have a Dell 5K screen (2715K), which needs screenspanning and this update made me a bit nervous.

I always check tonymacx86.com, you guys are always my first aid reference for these kind of situations. I decided to make an account just to let you know that my GTX 980TI is working now on 5K with my Dell 2715K! Man NVIDIA was fast to put out an update, I went to bed and in the morning it was there. Could not update from the Sytem Prefs though, I had to run the update from the downloadable installer. I even updated to High Sierra after reading this post by @grtdemo: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-5k-high-sierra-ga-h170n-wifi-gtx-960-dell-up2715k.238500

The only thing... in the Cuda Prefs pane it says in red: 'Update Required', but it also says 'No newer CUDA available'. The latest I see at NVDIA is 387.99, can't find a newer one. Anyone ideas? (EDIT: just read above that this will take a week or so)

Good luck on getting this to work on your Hackintosch builds!

Last edited:
I'm faced with the same problem but with another vcard (Nvidia GT 730 2gb) after updating Nvidia web drivers, I tried to remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and replace with OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi .
Did you solve only with this step?

Thats related to NVRAM emulation in OSX. Latest clover enables native NVRAM in osx.
  1. Install updated Clover and install "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
  2. Make sure you have checked "NvidiaWeb" in System Parameters in Clover Configurator.
  3. Open /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and make sure that OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi are not there. If they are, delete them.
  4. Launch Terminal and enter:
    sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.boot.d
    sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.shutdown.d
  5. Reboot
  6. Select Nvidia Web Driver in Preferences
  7. Reboot and check
BTW refer to the correct thread to solve this issue with your specific configuration: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Update went OK, no issues.

Any reason why the script is trying to resolve mac.nvidia.com and failing if I don't pass the URL manually?

Well 10.13.2 has already Spectre and Meltdown patches.

Do you have a TimeMachine backup for 10.13.1?

Anybody experienced performance issues between 10.13.1 and 10.13.2?

Spectre and Meltdown patches are in 10.13.2.

I am not sure if there are performance issues and I would love to know if someone has some benchmarks.

Thanks in advance.

When I upgraded to 10.13.2, I was aware that the system performance might be affected due to meltdown patch and paid attention to my system responsiveness. I did not run any benchmark, but there was not perceptible difference. But 10.13.3 was a completely different story. The system was not usable for anything other than the simple things. Maybe something went wrong during my update (and I did not notice), but 10.13.3 was unbearably slow. I have two other machines (one hackintosh and another MacBook Pro) and I am in no hurry to upgrade at this point. Seems too risky given the experience.

Works great - Thank you! :clap:

S7.03-AM.jpg

Double that. Update went smoothly and right after installed nvidia web drivers which works but moving windows around causes UI stutters.

Yep I have this same problem, stuttery/laggy UI with latest Nvidia web drivers 'WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156'

:cry:

Any reason why the script is trying to resolve mac.nvidia.com and failing if I don't pass the URL manually?
No idea, what options do you pass when it fails? Edit: i see what you mean, i'll look into it.

Edit 2: The address in the updates dictionary is http://mac.nvidia.com/pkg/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156.pkg and it doesn't resolve. The url i pasted in when i updated was the one others have posted, which worked fine. I'll keep an eye on the issue and see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back