Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used a tool called „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ – don’t know if it’s available in English.

Open the app, choose „Webdriver neu installieren“ („Reinstall web driver“), choose the old webdriver *.pkg file – the app installs the old driver.

Restart the app, choose „Vorhandenen Webdriver Patchen“ („patch existing web driver“) – click through, choose „Rechte bereinigen“ („correct permissions“) enter admin password and restart the Mac.

Great find mate , this worked like a charm.
Thanks for your help.

I used a tool called „Nvidia Webtreiber all Version update“ – don’t know if it’s available in English.

Open the app, choose „Webdriver neu installieren“ („Reinstall web driver“), choose the old webdriver *.pkg file – the app installs the old driver.

Restart the app, choose „Vorhandenen Webdriver Patchen“ („patch existing web driver“) – click through, choose „Rechte bereinigen“ („correct permissions“) enter admin password and restart the Mac.
Thank you! Solved black screen issue after Webdriver update

I just updated and noticed that my machine is running like it is in mud. I am not sure what is bogging it down so bad. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Try reverting to previous version of the Nvidia web drivers.

No lag that I've noticed, actually so far it seems better than 10.13.2 which was frequently slowing down and lagging, especially Safari.

However, several times I have returned to my computer and found the display in a dysfunctional state. Mostly black, with areas of scattered colored pixels corresponding to various objects on screen. I've been handling these situations by mousing to where the apple menu is, and selecting the garbled menu item corresponding to restart.

I haven't installed the new NVIDIA drivers, I used webdriver.sh to make the 10.13.2 drivers work.

Also, my audio (Realtek 889) stopped working. The devices are listed, but no sound.

EDIT: Uh. Actually my audio is fine. I just forgot that my headphones were plugged in.

Last edited:
I had to roll back to 10.13.2. I can boot fine without installing the NVidia Web Drivers, but as soon as I install them (the official ones released by NVidia) if I try to boot with the drivers enabled, it goes into an infinite loop and all I can see is the white spinning wheel. Using -v refreshes page after page of different error messages.

I'll try upgrading and then using webdriver.sh to make it work, but judging by the comments I don't expect it to go smoothly. At least I can rollback to 10.13.2 easily, but I was looking forward that iMessages ordering fix. My wife is going crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back