Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem, any solutions?

Nothing yet. Are you using a m.2 nvme ssd? I do. I forgot to mention it. I really don't know what the cause is. :(

HI there. I'm still stuck. System reboot after this screen (and progress not completed). And it isnot doing the upgrade

I've had this kind of problem with supplemental update from appstore :
At first download/restart clover did not show me the entry to achieve installation ("install MACOS from....")
Needed to ran appstore update detection again - download /restart
On reboot clover entry ("install MACOS from ... ") was present and I achieved installation
Do not know why it failed on first time

You can also show all clover hidden entries (in case "install MACOS from...." entry is hidden for unknown reason)

Last edited:
how can I tell what is preventing sleep? I am trying to figure out my own sleep situation.
Open Terminal, type "pmset -g assertions" (without the quotes) and then hit enter. You should then get two listings (kernel assertions), the first is a list of system processes that are running with any showing a "1" at the end being active and most likely preventing your system from sleeping. The second list below that shows processes which own any enabled assertions, by process ID and bundle ID (the text in parentheses after that). For example, if you have iTunes running and you're listening to music, it will list that as well as coreoudiod. If you don't recognize the process, type "ps up" followed by the process ID. You can also look in Activity Monitor for it. Quit any apps you don't need to be running - like the above mentioned iTunes - but be careful terminating any system process. Obviously, you could then cause your system to become unstable and crash it.

Last edited:
I just updated and I get instant reboot the moment the progress bar starts going after clover.
I thought maybe its the APFS file which I forgot to update, but after doing so it still reboots.

Whats the issue? what am I missing?
I have Lilu.kext installed with NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, maybe those two are the problem?
maybe EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi are the causing the reboot?
any help, please?

Update

I just managed to boot successfully after uninstalling and reinstalling Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts after installing web drivers.

Either way, This update is complete garbage.
Webdrivers functioning very bad, everything is very slow and very laggy, especially in chrome, my keyboard has a delay of 2 seconds before typing.
Every second or so there is a very small glitch as if the graphics freeze.
Going fullscreen is a nightmare, it freezes as if I'm trying to run an insane stress test.
I'm seriously thinking about going back to 10.13. This update is awful.

Last edited:
I've had this kind of problem with supplemental update from appstore :
At first download/restart clover did not show me the entry to achieve installation ("install MACOS from....")
Needed to ran appstore update detection again - download /restart
On reboot clover entry ("install MACOS from ... ") was present and I achieved installation

Do not know why it failed on first time
maybe you can also try to show all clover hidden entries (in case "install MACOS from...." is hidden for unknown reason)

I was hiding something in config.plist. Just let Clover see all drivers and that's it. I was able to update my system. Just needed to do the Nvidia stuff and it's all working.

Something I can't understand about my setup... The OS seems to be in a Recovery HD. In Disk Utility it is described as "CoreStorage Logical Volume". And it is showed as a separate device other than the SSD itself (a m.2 samsung 960 EVO). Looks wrong... but it is working anyway. :)

I am using SSD Intel 535.

Hi there. You have to let Clover show all drives. Then, after the reboot it will go directly to the right entry on Clover and finish the installation. Someone made it clear in this thread and helped me to figure out what to do.

AD1F0B14-7F18-4974-8B1A-0BE87034C09E.jpeg

Hey guys. Any help... can't update form standalone file nor from Apple Update...
Nvidia drivers uninstall - nope
System Protection off - nope
System Protection on - nope

The update is just starting... then goes for about 10% in that progress bar on a black background then I see a cursor and then reboot to my original system...

My specs
Asus p9x79 Deluxe
I74960x
32 Crucial
Asus Nvidia 980ti
Samsung 850Pro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back