Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct - but I'm IN the business of developing software and I would never roll out something shitty like the current (and the one before) driver --- and definitely not, if I had already released about 20 builds and more with a working driver.
they don't made the driver better/faster or anything else.. they just killed it - and not once - twice in a row. if my devs would working like this their definitely going to find a new job. And don't be compassionate with Nvidia. We all paid for the hardware or do they donate their hardware to us - paying 500bucks I think we can expect better drivers then the last one.

Anyway... definitely happy that this German guy made an easy and simple way to use old drivers which are not approved for 13.3.3 but working better then the one they approved - such an ironic :)
Side note - indescribably quality assurance at Nvidia. Never see something better :rolleyes:

And @Bob_the_Tomato ...

Yes, it's worth remembering that Nvidia don't really have an incentive to continue giving us macOS drivers because, basically, Apple has switched to AMD. Only the old Mac Pro line could use a third-party PCIe card anyway. Even then I suspect the number of users was small as most of their sales must go to Windows PCs, surely.

As you say, as a Project Manager, would you carry on producing drivers if the sales figures didn't warrant the effort?

I have no problem with Nvidia cards and used them for many years. My last was a 1050. It was more powerful than my current RX560 at the same price-point and didn't need an extra PSU power-supply cable. Brilliant engineering!

It's actually great that Nvidia is still providing us with drivers at all. I mean, how many genuine Macs still being used, can run a 10-series card?

I realise Apple and Nvidia know all about the Hackintosh scene. Apple has left us alone and Nvidia do at least keep trying to support us.
:)

Someone knows what to do now? Thank you.

Attachments

• Captură de ecran din 2018.03.02 la 21.22.32.png
    Captură de ecran din 2018.03.02 la 21.22.32.png
    586.7 KB · Views: 223
  • Captură de ecran din 2018.03.02 la 21.22.54.png
    Captură de ecran din 2018.03.02 la 21.22.54.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Captură de ecran din 2018.03.02 la 21.27.21.png
    Captură de ecran din 2018.03.02 la 21.27.21.png
    465.3 KB · Views: 202
Hi guys!
Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Since I started hackintoshing with Mavericks, I do have the same problem with every f*&$%!g update. Regardless of starting with or without the Nvidia web driver or even booting with "-x -v" the machine ALWAYS hangs at boot. The only thing that ALWAYS ends up being the solution is: physically remove the GTX970 from my Z87X-UD4H system. This is starting to get seriously annoying.
Isn't there a way to update WITHOUT having to touch the actual hardware? Do I have to switch back to default "macOS Graphics Driver" prior to launching the update?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Despite of this, I love my "Mac" ...

Because you have a GTX970 and a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H motherboard, I may be able to help you. I do not have to remove my graphics card, and I doubt you do. Something's amiss, but here are some basics re Z87 and Z97:

1) You don't need the latest firmware for the Z87X-UD4H; but check the Gigabyte website to make sure you have firmware that works well with Haswell. For my OC board that's F7. Don't use beta firmware. If you update, do it from a flash drive using Q-flash; don't use the @BIOS utility.

2) In BIOS (UEFI), you know to start by loading optimized defaults. Use the profile for your RAM, if you need it. No OC on your processor. Fast Boot (DISabled); Execute Disable Bit (Enabled); Intel Virtualization (Enabled); Secure Boot (DISabled); Boot Mode Selection (I suggest UEFI and Legacy, but can try UEFI Only); Storage Boot (Legacy Only); Initial Display (PCIE 1) if you use first slot; XHCI Mode (Smart Auto /or Auto); Intel Graphics (DISabled); Intel Rapid Start (DISabled); Legacy USB (Enabled); XHCI Hand-Off (Enabled); EHCI Hand Off (DISabled).

3) Very important: In order to disable CSM you must not use "Other OS" in BIOS. Instead set to "Windows 8" (and if you dual-boot and use Windows 10, that's the setting as well; if your system is macOS only you still set to Windows 8). When you do that it opens up the CSM Support setting below it. Now change that setting to "Never." See post #53, by Antilogical: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/page-6
Solves a monitor blackout. Now the Clover boot loader and the entire boot up process are in full resolution, and the startup takes far less time. And the boot up in Windows 10 is also almost instantaneous.

4) Follow this guide by ILikeHackintosh to install updates, a huge help:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erra-black-screen-panics.234390/#post-1603620

5) Make sure the MATS table is dropped in your Clover plist:
A kernel panic results from an invalid character in the MATS table in the system UEFI with Z87/ Z97 boards, as detailed by Moheban79 here (#7): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-in-clover-configurator-to-drop-mats.226488/ and worked out in Pikeralpha et. al. discussion, ”Chameleon and High Sierra…” for a solution re Z87/ Z97 boards and High Sierra: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/06/11/chameleon-and-high-sierra/

6) As noted in MultiBeast update listings, "The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot." OK w/ Maxwell.

7) And more to the point, always use the latest versions of Clover and all kexts (and drivers); if you use UniBeast and MultiBeast, make sure they're the latest versions. I use Rehabman's installer detailed here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
This method really works well. With High Sierra, don't put kexts into S/L/E. It's debatable whether or not to put kexts into L/E or even into the disk EFI (aside from the kexts mentioned in Post #1.) You could put everything into your flash drive installer and boot from that, but that's up to you. Clover will inject regardless. I use these kexts' latest versions: Lilu (at least 1.2.2), IntelMausi, USBInject, FakeSMC, and both FakePCIID were RehabMan’s; and NvidiaGraphicsFixup (at least 1.2.2) and VoodooHDA (at least 2.9.1). I replaced the VBoxHfs-64.efi UEFIx64 driver with Apple’s HFSPlus.efi.

8) Settings on your Clover plist, post-installation using Clover Configurator, can be complex, but start with the MultiBeast installation's plist. I believe one relevant setting, “Dart=0”, per Rehabman, negates the VT-d that seems enabled by default in the UEFI. Also, make an SSDT with this method:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

I hope this helps. For more help, post your Clover plist, etc. so that experts can see it. Cheers!

Last edited:
I made sure to select the Installer at the CBM but it reboots shortly without finishing. I'm also stuck at build 17D47

I got mine working finally. I had additional kexts besides FakeSMC.kext that were duplicated in /Library/Extensions/ that were also in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. I made sure the newest version was in EFI and removed the duplicates from /L/E. Then worked fine. I'm not sure which kext was the culprit as there were a handful that I moved.

The only problem I’m having is that after overnight sleep, the user login display will come up but the mouse and keyboard act as if disconnected — neither work. A forced reboot fixes it. Any suggestions?

Because you have a GTX970 and a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H motherboard, I may be able to help you. I do not have to remove my graphics card, and I doubt you do. Something's amiss, but here are some basics re Z87 and Z97:

Ironwood, YOU MADE MY DAY!
I can't tell what the exact problem was. But I followed your instructions and now it works just as before. Some of the kexts and drivers I did not install (i.e. USBInject, FakePCIID,VoodooHDA, HFSPlus.efi) because the system always ran fine without them. I'll attach my current *.plist. Maybe there is still something I should change...

Thank you very much for the time and effort you have put in your post in order to help me (and others)!:clap:
Hopefully, the next update will be smoother. I keep your instructions under my pillow ...

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 207
You can manually DL update DMG from page 1 link. I was fooled once:wave:
Didn't work as well. Goes to the "installing" screen (attatched) for a few seconds and then restart to nothing changed.

Attachments

• IMG_3246.jpg
    IMG_3246.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 118
Ironwood, YOU MADE MY DAY!
I can't tell what the exact problem was. But I followed your instructions and now it works just as before. Some of the kexts and drivers I did not install (i.e. USBInject, FakePCIID,VoodooHDA, HFSPlus.efi) because the system always ran fine without them. I'll attach my current *.plist. Maybe there is still something I should change...

Glad I could help! I forgot to mention that on a few updates, when I was otherwise stuck, I disconnected the SATA to all drives except the one I wanted to update, though it wasn't necessary the last two updates. Looking at your plist, I'd say it's good to keep it basic and add to it only to address specific issues. If you find enabling sound becomes a problem, try the VoodooHDA kext, which you just add to your other kexts; after that you shouldn't need your AppleHDA kext patches. Since the patches work for you, use them. You're 14.2, so you don't need Lilu or NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts, though it was said here or in the Nvidia web driver posts that they're useful anyway. Also, having two system drives, one a clone, or clones of each other, is invaluable when you want to update. SuperDuper!, the app I use, offers "Smart Updates" of changes only, after the full backups.

I suggest that if you want a fuller Mac experience you follow this guide, which is really good:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/
This is not just about iMessage. That alone, using iMessage on your "Mac," sharing messages to and from smart phones and all iOS devices--that is BIG. As is AirPlay and HandOff when you add a compatible Broadcom-based wifi+Bluetooth PCIE card.

The real benefit in having an Apple accepted serial number, etc. (instead of a generic SN) is being able to access Apple's App Store for more than just system updates, for countless good free apps and paid apps, many only on the App Store, which has the best updating process. Don't worry about being excluded by Apple. They do well with iTunes and the App Store, and we spread the macOS experience. Thanks for your post, OlivenBurrito!

Are you still having problems enabling the Nvidia web drivers? If yes, try going to Clover Configurator, Boot section, put a check next to nvda_drv=1.

Also, you may want to consider switching from OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. This will give you native NVRAM and you can remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and the RC scripts. All the tools you need can be found in the Downloads section of this site, under Clover Builds.

I cannot get my system to boot with latest NVIDIA driver "387.10.10.10.25.158". I tried using to use the OSXAPTIOFix3Drv-64 version in my clover. I get an error stating "ACM: getcredentialset error -2". I tried the OSXAPTIOFix2DRV-64 and emuvariableUEFI-64 too, but no luck getting it to boot.

However I do not get any error while using OSXAPTIOFix2DRV-64 and emuvariableUEFI-64 in combination with the "
378.10.10.10.25.104" version of the driver alone. Does anyone else have this issue with 158 driver version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back