Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the graphic driver you use, do you have stuttering issue?

Since the last update I always have the stuttering after updating and running on the current (new) nvidia driver.
Don't know if there just monkeys working at Nvidia. So I decided to don't even try the newest Nvidia driver until they replace the monkeys and hiring some proggers.
Just patched my old driver with the German army knife called "Webdriver All versions.app" -- patching went fine (as expected) - no stuttering, no problems :)

So I still have the old Nvidia driver 378.10.10.10.25.106

Update runs flawlessly

No need for AGDPfix again - no black screen boot issue on a 17,1 sysdef
My understanding is that lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext solves the black screen issue on SMBIOS iMac17* and MacPro6*. The AGDPFix.app was an earlier fix. You're saying you don't have lilu and didn't have to use AGDPFix on an iMac17* SMBIOS? This is news to me.

Since the last update I always have the stuttering after updating and running on the current (new) nvidia driver.
Don't know if there just monkeys working at Nvidia. So I decided to don't even try the newest Nvidia driver until they replace the monkeys and hiring some proggers.
Just patched my old driver with the German army knife called "Webdriver All versions.app" -- patching went fine (as expected) - no stuttering, no problems :)

So I still have the old Nvidia driver 378.10.10.10.25.106
thanks for the reply, it has been really annoying to me too. The driver used to work even it was slow, now its just impossible to use. I am sure there are some monkeys working on this project instead of the normal programmer.

My understanding is that lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext solves the black screen issue on SMBIOS iMac17* and MacPro6*. The AGDPFix.app was an earlier fix. You're saying you don't have lilu and didn't have to use AGDPFix on an iMac17* SMBIOS? This is news to me.

I neither use LILU or NvidiaGraphicsFixup because these kext killing the "graphic hardware encoding" feature of my CPU and due to this I was not able to use airplay. Airplay was available but with extreme stuttering. So I removed LILO und NvidiaGraphicsFixup to keep airplay useable :)

I also was guided buy some friendly users to always work with as less kext as possible and use instead a correct configured DSDT.
I just use the kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA (for another HDD)
AppleALC
Codecommander
FakeSMC (all except the GPU kext)
IntelMausiEthernet
USBInjecAll

and thats it.

thanks for the reply, it has been really annoying to me too. The driver used to work even it was slow, now its just impossible to use. I am sure there are some monkeys working on this project instead of the normal programmer.

Just give the app a try :) Works for many users here. Not sure, but the guidelines for usage (including link to app) was written in the last "update thread" ---> #125 -- Just follow FUXIMUS's instructions. :)

I just updated my hack last night and I was afraid all those problems everyone talk about would happen to me but everything is working good, no problems... I installed 158 nvidia driver version and it is working great

... I am sure there are some monkeys working on this project instead of the normal programmer.

Spoken by two people who've probably never written a line of code. nVidia did not have to give us a working driver to begin with. Those monkeys have given us a chance to use their hardware. I waited almost a year in order to use the GTX1080Ti with my hack, I'm glad they got their bananas and got fed so they could get to working for us.

Spoken by two people who've probably never written a line of code. nVidia did not have to give us a working driver to begin with. Those monkeys have given us a chance to use their hardware. I waited almost a year in order to use the GTX1080Ti with my hack, I'm glad they got their bananas and got fed so they could get to working for us.

correct - but I'm IN the business of developing software and I would never roll out something shitty like the current (and the one before) driver --- and definitely not, if I had already released about 20 builds and more with a working driver.
they don't made the driver better/faster or anything else.. they just killed it - and not once - twice in a row. if my devs would working like this their definitely going to find a new job. And don't be compassionate with Nvidia. We all paid for the hardware or do they donate their hardware to us - paying 500bucks I think we can expect better drivers then the last one.

Anyway... definitely happy that this German guy made an easy and simple way to use old drivers which are not approved for 13.3.3 but working better then the one they approved - such an ironic :)
Side note - indescribably quality assurance at Nvidia. Never see something better :rolleyes:

@Maddeen You agreed that you've never written code BUT you say that you develop software... confusing.

I don't see how "shitty" this driver is. I'm using the latest driver (version .158) and I'm not seeing "shitty." Am I missing something?

I`m not a dev. Just the project manager and in this function I'm - of course - responsible for the quality of the software when it comes to the rollout. A stuttering working video output is definitely a indicator for "not good quality".

Seems that you're on the lucky side - there are some too with the last driver.
But just the minority - feels like 2 of 10 are lucky - 8 have stuttering video output as you can verify in the old 13.3.2 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back