Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I manually edited the Nvidia web drivers to work with macOS 17D102.

Then went to App Store to start the update.

Walked away to have a sandwich and the update was done before I finished the sandwich. Smooth sailing.

I did a fresh install of 10.13.3 on an external hard drive, and updated it with the supplemental update and then installed the Nvidia web driver 387.10.10.10.25.158, the one it downloaded, and it has been very good. I haven't had any detectable lags, inspite of some heavy cloud synching. I did use a different approach from someone else, but at this stage I'm thinking I'll be confident to use it in production fairly soon.

Hi guys!
Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Since I started hackintoshing with Mavericks, I do have the same problem with every f*&$%!g update. Regardless of starting with or without the Nvidia web driver or even booting with "-x -v" the machine ALWAYS hangs at boot. The only thing that ALWAYS ends up being the solution is: physically remove the GTX970 from my Z87X-UD4H system. This is starting to get seriously annoying.
Isn't there a way to update WITHOUT having to touch the actual hardware? Do I have to switch back to default "macOS Graphics Driver" prior to launching the update?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Despite of this, I love my "Mac" ...

I have the same issue on High Sierra. Are there a way to disable Nvidia card in Clover? (I have GeForce 960)

I did a fresh install of 10.13.3 on an external hard drive, and updated it with the supplemental update and then installed the Nvidia web driver 387.10.10.10.25.158, the one it downloaded, and it has been very good. I haven't had any detectable lags, inspite of some heavy cloud synching. I did use a different approach from someone else, but at this stage I'm thinking I'll be confident to use it in production fairly soon.

I tried a clean install of 10.13.3 and with nothing installed except Nvidia web drivers, the lag was clearly evident.

Updated that install to 10.13.3 Supplemental Update and updated to .158. Lag was still there.

Last edited:
All seems to be fine so far.

1. updated Clover to 4411
2. updated system to 10.13.3 17D102 via App Store
3. changed SIP in Clover Configurator (CsrActiveConfig) to 0x67
4. rebooted
5. used vulgo’s awesome webdriver.sh (https://github.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh) to install NVIDIA Web Driver 378.10.10.10.25.103
Code:
sudo sh webdriver.sh -cu https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.103.pkg
sudo sh webdriver.sh -m
6. changed SIP in Clover Configurator (CsrActiveConfig) back to to 0x3
7. rebooted

After you finished installing the update and Nvdia webdriver, was your graphics card unavailable prior to 'Vulgos webdriver code?

i just installed the updates and left me with no GPU and only one resolution option, so I used a back up until i found a solution..

After you finished installing the update and Nvdia webdriver, was your graphics card unavailable prior to 'Vulgos webdriver code?

i just installed the updates and left me with no GPU and only one resolution option, so I used a back up until i found a solution..
I don't kno...

I don't see your configuration, but I suspect you have Nvidia.
On the installation, every time you boot/reboot you have to disable Nvidia through Clover config- web_driver, and nvidia injects. That's in the graphic menu. If you don't want to do this on every reboot, set it before hand in Clover Configurator for your boot EFI.

Next thing, you have to set CSR to 0x0- that's in the System (Rt Variables in Clover). 0x0 is when all you options are unchecked. After you install, you can set it back to 0x67, or 0x03

I was having issues but this post helped me solve my update woes. My rig is a GA-Z77X-UD5H with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. I left the CSR at 0x03 and used the NVIDIA control panel to revert to macOS drivers. I also changed the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to set NvidiaWeb to false prior to installing the update. Upon the first reboot, I selected the boot option named something like 'preboot install' clover menu option instead of the default. Following the update, I installed the new web drivers and changed the config.plist NvidiaWeb back to true. The trick is getting the web driver out of the way and selecting the correct clover boot.

• In Clover Configurator, ACPI section, you should rename your dedicated graphics (usually PEG0 or PEGP) to GFX0. You should probably also put a check next to "PluginType" to enable CPU power management.
  • In Graphics section, IGPU should be set to "headless" like on real iMacs, so ig-platform-id should be 59120003. Once set to be headless, do not connect monitor(s) to the motherboard video outputs. They will not work.
  • In the SMBIOS section, it would probably be good to select iMac18,3 again just so that all the empty fields could be filled out. I don't know if leaving them blank has any adverse affects, but since it's so easily to get them filled out, why not. Also, put a check next to "Trust" and uncheck "Mobile".

Howdy Chef -

I replied earlier to your suggestions that I implemented them all, and everything appeared to be working fine, but I spoke too soon.

My current issue is that after waking from sleep, the MacX Video Converter Pro app will no longer launch. Also, playing the Sony Camp 4K demo takes a long time to launch, and VTDecoderXPCService CPU usage is well over 175%.

If I reboot, everything runs fine again.

I've attached my EFI folder for your perusal. Any idea what may be happening?

Thanks in advance!

PS - I've applied the patch to ignore the Nvidia Web Driver version, and am running .106.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 113
Howdy Chef -

I replied earlier to your suggestions that I implemented them all, and everything appeared to be working fine, but I spoke too soon.

My current issue is that after waking from sleep, the MacX Video Converter Pro app will no longer launch. Also, playing the Sony Camp 4K demo takes a long time to launch, and VTDecoderXPCService CPU usage is well over 175%.

If I reboot, everything runs fine again.

I've attached my EFI folder for your perusal. Any idea what may be happening?

Thanks in advance!

PS - I've applied the patch to ignore the Nvidia Web Driver version, and am running .106.

The only difference I can see between the way you have your EFI set up and how mine is set up is that you have Lilu.kexts and its plugins installed to /Library/Extensions/. I have them in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

I don't want to start a debate about where hackintosh kexts should be installed. People far smarter than I recommend /Library/Extensions/. All I'm saying is I have mine in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and it works for me.

The only difference I can see between the way you have your EFI set up and how mine is set up is that you have Lilu.kexts and its plugins installed to /Library/Extensions/. I have them in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

I don't want to start a debate about where hackintosh kexts should be installed. People far smarter than I recommend /Library/Extensions/. All I'm saying is I have mine in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and it works for me.

Any chance you could share your EFI folder so I can take a look at the precise differences? I'm been contemplating relocating all Hackintosh-related kexts to the "Other" folder for the sake of simplicity when doing updates.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back