Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I activate the Time Machine on regular basis, I am not 100% in trust of its ability dealing Hacked OS because we are using modified OS, right?
It backs up your user data and the restore is integrated into OS install, it works fine on hacks. CCC/Super Duper use rsync to copy the entire root filesystem (assuming it resides on a single volume). On a hack Clover sees these rsync clones as bootable e.g. without using Apple's bless utility. CCC/Super Duper may bless the backups anyway so you might try booting them on Apple hardware. Not all external hard drives are actually bootable so that is something to check if you are going to rely on a backup in a crisis. Most likely Time Machine will be getting an update soon now that we have a more credible filesystem in APFS.

Hi guys!
Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Since I started hackintoshing with Mavericks, I do have the same problem with every f*&$%!g update. Regardless of starting with or without the Nvidia web driver or even booting with "-x -v" the machine ALWAYS hangs at boot. The only thing that ALWAYS ends up being the solution is: physically remove the GTX970 from my Z87X-UD4H system. This is starting to get seriously annoying.
Isn't there a way to update WITHOUT having to touch the actual hardware? Do I have to switch back to default "macOS Graphics Driver" prior to launching the update?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Despite of this, I love my "Mac" ...

no matter what I do combo or app store update I cannot boot back and it doesn't continue with the update for some reason. I tried safe mode. using gigabyte ga-z270x-gaming 7. do I need to do anything post the update besides on first post?
Post #1 suggests you move FakeSMC from /Library/Extensions/ to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. See Post #1 for a link to the latest FakeSMC.kext.

Anyone running the latest nvidia 158 version with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and EmuVariableUefi-64 confirm whether there is any issues like with the previous release?

Hi guys!
Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Since I started hackintoshing with Mavericks, I do have the same problem with every f*&$%!g update. Regardless of starting with or without the Nvidia web driver or even booting with "-x -v" the machine ALWAYS hangs at boot. The only thing that ALWAYS ends up being the solution is: physically remove the GTX970 from my Z87X-UD4H system. This is starting to get seriously annoying.
Isn't there a way to update WITHOUT having to touch the actual hardware? Do I have to switch back to default "macOS Graphics Driver" prior to launching the update?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Despite of this, I love my "Mac" ...

Which Mac description are you using, eg iMac 14,2?

I am unable to install this update. First, I had the supplemental update showing up *another time* in the Appstore update section after the *first update.* This happened to my MBP as well. The MBP did the actual update after doing the procedure for the 2nd time, however my Hack is still stuck at 17D47! There were no actual error messages I could see (like others posted). Then I tried to do a manual update using the standalone installer. Still, I am stuck at 17D47, and in addition I now see a Folder called "macOS Install Data" at the root of my boot drive. Even removing this folder and updating again has no effect. Plus I do not see the update in the Appstore anymore.

WTF? Any ideas?

Did you get it working? I'm having the same problem. As UtterDisbelief suggested, I made sure to select the Installer at the CBM but it reboots shortly without finishing. I'm also stuck at build 17D47 and see the "macOS Install Data" folder left over.

Post #1 suggests you move FakeSMC from /Library/Extensions/ to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. See Post #1 for a link to the latest FakeSMC.kext.

I made sure to select the Installer at the CBM but it reboots shortly without finishing. I'm also stuck at build 17D47

Anyone running the latest nvidia 158 version with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and EmuVariableUefi-64 confirm whether there is any issues like with the previous release?

Per @pastrychef in post #190, you should switch from OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64. This eliminates the need for EmuVariableUefi-64 as well as any Clover startup scripts (I can't remember why they were needed).

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

no matter what I do combo or app store update I cannot boot back and it doesn't continue with the update for some reason. I tried safe mode. using gigabyte ga-z270x-gaming 7. do I need to do anything post the update besides on first post?

I don't see your configuration, but I suspect you have Nvidia.
On the installation, every time you boot/reboot you have to disable Nvidia through Clover config- web_driver, and nvidia injects. That's in the graphic menu. If you don't want to do this on every reboot, set it before hand in Clover Configurator for your boot EFI.

Next thing, you have to set CSR to 0x0- that's in the System (Rt Variables in Clover). 0x0 is when all you options are unchecked. After you install, you can set it back to 0x67, or 0x03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back