Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider picking up a AMD RX 560 if you can find one cheap, they are almost natively supported in OSX HS, you need two kexts and that's it.
What about a 550? I see one for only $150 I can pick up today.
So say I install one of these AMD card in along with my 1080TI, will that work?
If I want to go between the cards, would I have to make the change in the Bios, every time I want to use one or the other?

Don't believe that model works at all with macOS Sierra or High Sierra. You'd need the 560.

Updated. NVIDIA web driver works fine now.

======
Lag again after a few minutes. Patched 106 version again. Let's see.

Last edited:
Don't believe that model works at all with macOS Sierra or High Sierra. You'd need the 560.
Ok cool, but I can install it along with my excising 1080TI right?
But like I was saying in the last post, do I switch between them in the BiOS, or could I just plug my Monitor in one of the card, and it activates automatically?

If I want to go between the cards, would I have to make the change in the Bios, every time I want to use one or the other?

You can get an RX 560 around $140-190, or can spend more on the 570 or 580 if you need the power. Very easy to get going and no more Nvidia driver chasing. Will work with newer versions of Clover using the Radeondeinit flag set to true, otherwise by using the two kexts(Lilu/WhateverGreen)

Can't comment on your card switching strategy, as once I got my RX560 I sold my 1080 for more than I paid for it months ago (Thanks miners!)

You can get an RX 560 around $140-190, or can spend more on the 570 or 580 if you need the power. Very easy to get going and no more Nvidia driver chasing. Will work with newer versions of Clover using the Radeondeinit flag set to true, otherwise by using the two kexts(Lilu/WhateverGreen)

Can't comment on your card switching strategy, as once I got my RX560 I sold my 1080 for more than I paid for it months ago (Thanks miners!)
Thats what I did. I bought Sapphire Pulse RX 560..working with Lilu and whatevergreen kexts.

Hey guys,
just updated for the fun of it, installed finde, booted back in, got prompted to install new NVIDIA Web Drivers (GTX 1050), rebooted and then suddenly displayed the „Forbidden“ sign (circle crossed out). Rebooted with -v tells me that FireWire GUID is missing again and again and goes to forbidden sign. Never had this problem before on my GA z77X UD5H. Tried to disable the FireWire in BIOS, didn’t help. Removed GTX 1050 to boot with iGPU (i3770), same thing again. Any suggestions out there how to fix it? Not really urgent since I can still fall back to my Win10 boot, but any suggestions are appreciated ;)

This is all off topic for this thread. Post in Graphics to get help or in a specific RX 560 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back