Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I took the plunge and updated to the 10.13.3 supplemental update but something very weird happened. As the system went into the shutdown prior to reboot stage I saw a message come up saying that something couldn't be updated but it flashed onto the screen so fast that I didn't get to read it all before it disappeared again and the system rebooted.

Anyway, off it went and did the rest of the update, took about 5-6 minutes but when it came back the logon screen had changed to German.

I logged on but everything was back in English, all the menus etc, everything. Couldn't find anywhere else that was in German. I went to restart and the reboot screen was in German again.

The system rebooted and the logon screen was still in German but everything else was in English once I had logged on. Couldn't find a trace of German anywhere.

The only way to get the German bits back (logon/logoff) to English was a Terminal command, "sudo languagesetup", and then select the English option.

Has anybody else come across anything similar?

Anyone else's system audio pitch-shifted down after installing the update? All my system audio is playing about 2 semitones lower than it should

Has anyone experienced getting asked to install the update more than once? IE...Appstore says update. I dod then after reboot....couple hours later I get notice to update.

I noticed this to start with but I'm new to the Hackintosh way. I would click to install and let it start and then reboot as it wanted. I'd then select to run macOS after the reboot. This was my mistake. After the reboot I had to select the option to "Install.....". When I did that the update finished installing and then everything was fine.

Could this be the case with yours? Not selecting the Install option after the reboot.

I noticed this to start with but I'm new to the Hackintosh way. I would click to install and let it start and then reboot as it wanted. I'd then select to run macOS after the reboot. This was my mistake. After the reboot I had to select the option to "Install.....". When I did that the update finished installing and then everything was fine.

Could this be the case with yours? Not selecting the Install option after the reboot.

OK....so after the reboot on clover select the install option and not the normal " boot Mac os" option. Got you. I'll give it a try

I've got a mostly functioning rig on 10.13.1, is there any compelling reason to upgrade to 10.13.3?

Sort of living in an "if it ain't broke . . . " mode and wondering if I'm looking at it the wrong way (for context, this is my first hackintosh and I started at 10.13 - so I don't have a lot of history making upgrade decisions on a hackintosh).

I've got a mostly functioning rig on 10.13.1, is there any compelling reason to upgrade to 10.13.3?

Sort of living in an "if it ain't broke . . . " mode and wondering if I'm looking at it the wrong way (for context, this is my first hackintosh and I started at 10.13 - so I don't have a lot of history making upgrade decisions on a hackintosh).

I had a perfect functioning 10.13.2
the "lets update" virus got into me and now i have random colored artifacts in safari(screenshot) and the dock.
others are much worse. it supposed to be a security update mostly but it includes fixes for imessage and more. the problem is the NVIDIA driver though but you have an ATI....
My opinion is stick to 13.2 until a release that is stable for the most comes out :)
whatever you do, bakcup.... twice first !

By the way how can i downgrade my nvidia drivers? i uninstalled the old, installed NVIDIA webdriver updater(png) but whichever built i choose it returns "incompatible" after reboot.
cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 11.52.30.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 11.52.30.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 116
  • nvidia web driver updater.png
    nvidia web driver updater.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 117
I have the same issue on High Sierra. Are there a way to disable Nvidia card in Clover? (I have GeForce 960)
Every time you boot, you must disable the Nvidia, and Nvidia web from the boot menu config. You have to do as many time as the machine reboots. You can't leave the machine unattended while it's installing. Also, set CSR to 0x0 (uncheck all options), again on every boot.
You can do all that permanently in the EFI from Clover configurator prior staring the install, but you have to restore them after the install.

succeeded.

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Bios 2104 (not patched)
Intel [email protected]
2 x 8GB Hyper X
SSD Intel 240GB
Gigabyte GTX660 2GB
Wifi BCM... (dont remember model. Original Mac Wifi card)

Used the update from app and everything went smoothly.

I cant fix USB asmedia 3.1. Dont work.

@scanray could you share your Clover EFI folder?

i am using a P8Z77-V and i am getting some problems with my configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back