Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot get my system to boot with latest NVIDIA driver "387.10.10.10.25.158". I tried using to use the OSXAPTIOFix3Drv-64 version in my clover. I get an error stating "ACM: getcredentialset error -2". I tried the OSXAPTIOFix2DRV-64 and emuvariableUEFI-64 too, but no luck getting it to boot.

However I do not get any error while using OSXAPTIOFix2DRV-64 and emuvariableUEFI-64 in combination with the "
378.10.10.10.25.104" version of the driver alone. Does anyone else have this issue with 158 driver version?

If OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi doesn't work for you, you can try AptioMemoryFix.efi. AptioMemoryFix.efi also restores native NVRAM.

Please see my signature below for link to my Z370 build. In the first post, I have attached my EFI folders.
Please see my signature below for link to my Z370 build. In the first post, I have attached my EFI folders.

Shoutout to @pastrychef @KapnKrunch @jb007 @taranta
Ok. So I had no problems getting my system updated to 10.13.3 SUP, and I've been able to finally get my system to recognize both built-in AND discrete graphics, thanks to the above member's posts. I've also reverted my Webdriver back to the .106 version and eliminated the lag that the newer drivers created but I can't seem to get the 630 activated no matter what I try (it tries 50 times to load IGPU firmware before timing out and proceeding through to the log in screen). Not to mention that even though I've got smooth GUI graphics, I can no longer play videos (No matter if it's Youtube or Facebook, they just freeze at start or play while system is still responsive) and sound has stopped working, also. I've attached my EFI folder if anyone can look it over and see what I might have wrong (Just to be clear, I had no problem with sound or video prior to the efforts to run the IGPU headless).

Thanks in advance for any help.
2018-03-03 09.25.23.jpgScreen Shot 2018-03-03 at 9.32.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 9.30.57 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    50.4 MB · Views: 144
Shoutout to @pastrychef @KapnKrunch @jb007 @taranta
Ok. So I had no problems getting my system updated to 10.13.3 SUP, and I've been able to finally get my system to recognize both built-in AND discrete graphics, thanks to the above member's posts. I've also reverted my Webdriver back to the .106 version and eliminated the lag that the newer drivers created but I can't seem to get the 630 activated no matter what I try (it tries 50 times to load IGPU firmware before timing out and proceeding through to the log in screen). Not to mention that even though I've got smooth GUI graphics, I can no longer play videos (No matter if it's Youtube or Facebook, they just freeze at start or play while system is still responsive) and sound has stopped working, also. I've attached my EFI folder if anyone can look it over and see what I might have wrong (Just to be clear, I had no problem with sound or video prior to the efforts to run the IGPU headless).

Thanks in advance for any help.
View attachment 317149View attachment 317151 View attachment 317150

• Are you sure you need FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext for your motherboard? I don't own a Gigabyte motherboard so I don't know if these are really needed.
  • You don't need SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml if you are already doing the rename in your config.plist.
  • I have never seen LPCSensors.kext. If it's for providing sensor info, I suggest using the FakeSMC sensors which comes with the FakeSMC zip file.

In your config.plist:
  • In the ACPI section, you have EnableC2, EnableC4, EnableC6, EnableC7, Generate PStates, Generate CStates all checked when you don't need to. All you need to check is PluginType.
  • In the Boot section, you can check nvda_drv=1 and -disablegfxfirmware.
  • In the CPU section, you have C2, C4, C6 checked. Again, you don't need it.
  • In the Graphics section, ig-platform-id should be 0x59120003.
  • In the RT Variables section, BooterConfig should be 0x28.

• Are you sure you need FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext for your motherboard? I don't own a Gigabyte motherboard so I don't know if these are really needed.
  • You don't need SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml if you are already doing the rename in your config.plist.
  • I have never seen LPCSensors.kext. If it's for providing sensor info, I suggest using the FakeSMC sensors which comes with the FakeSMC zip file.
In your config.plist:
  • In the ACPI section, you have EnableC2, EnableC4, EnableC6, EnableC7, Generate PStates, Generate CStates all checked when you don't need to. All you need to check is PluginType.
  • In the Boot section, you can check nvda_drv=1 and -disablegfxfirmware.
  • In the CPU section, you have C2, C4, C6 checked. Again, you don't need it.
  • In the Graphics section, ig-platform-id should be 0x59120003.
  • In the RT Variables section, BooterConfig should be 0x28.
Thanks, @pastrychef. I'll give it a try without the Fake PCIID*.kexts (I must have confused LPCSensors as part of the FakeSMC package. Wasn't FakeSMCGraphics (sp?) plug-in in-compatible with Sierra and above? I don't remember seeing if it was fixed) and I'll remove the .aml file, also.

Thanks, @pastrychef. I'll give it a try without the Fake PCIID*.kexts (I must have confused LPCSensors as part of the FakeSMC package. Wasn't FakeSMCGraphics (sp?) plug-in in-compatible with Sierra and above? I don't remember seeing if it was fixed) and I'll remove the .aml file, also.

I think the FakeSMC Graphics sensor was incompatible with the Pascal cards at one point but I've been using it for the last few months and it gives GPU temps but not GPU fan speed.

Last edited:
I think the FakeSMC Graphics sensor was incompatible with the Pascal cards at one point but I've been using it for the last few months and it gives GPU frequency but not GPU fan speed.
The FakeSMC Graphics sensor kext in MultiBeast v10.2.0 works.

That's the version I'm using and my GPU fan only shows 100rpm all the time.

succeeded.

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Bios 2104 (not patched)
Intel [email protected]
2 x 8GB Hyper X
SSD Intel 240GB
Gigabyte GTX660 2GB
Wifi BCM... (dont remember model. Original Mac Wifi card)

Used the update from app and everything went smoothly.

I cant fix USB asmedia 3.1. Dont work.

I think the FakeSMC Graphics sensor was incompatible with the Pascal cards at one point but I've been using it for the last few months and it gives GPU temps but not GPU fan speed.
Ah yes, that's what it was. Worked fine on my Z77 system but with this one and the GTX 1060, it was crash city.

Also, I implemented your suggestions for cleaning up my setup as well as getting the IGPU hardware encoding enabled but didn't have any luck (Does it matter whether I have change PEG0 to GFX0 or PEGP to GFX0?)
Thanks, @Stork I'll try that and see what happens (Have the MB 10.1.0 version installed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back