P67A-UD7
CPU
i7-2600K (overclocked)
Graphics
GTX680
Mac
MacBook Pro
App store update went well.

I still have some stability programs with High Sierra though. I had hoped 13.2 would fix this, but no.

Maybe once every 10 hour of usage, the system freezes. Or user interface maybe; clock keeps ticking, hwmonitor updates, but I can't start programs and programs that are running in windows stops responding. Hard reboot necessary. Chances of failure are also high after a nights idleness when display wakes up. I use display sleep all the day though, and freezes happen when I'm using the computer as well. Had freezes using both Nvidia and AMD cards.
Very similar situation here on a GA-P67A-UD7. Yet no issues on a more modern GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK, runs perfectly. Are you having issues on the GA-P55-USB3 board you have listed in your profile or another board?

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
FAILED TO UPDATE... DURING THE LAST BOOT FOR COMPLETION OF THE UPDATE THE SYSTEM BOOTS TO BLACK SCREEN OR NO SIGNAL I DID ADD NEW LILU AND WHATEVER GREEN IN L/E AND EFI/KEXT/OTHER FOLDER ALSO THE FAKE SMC BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS ANY AMD USERS SPECIALLY RX 480 WITH SUCCESS YET ?I AM BACK TO 10.13.1.. I FAILED 2 TIMES ..WHEN IT HAS TO BOOT LAST TIME TO COMPLETE INSTAL THEN ITS NOT BOOTING UP. I ONLY COPY PASTED THE OLD KEXTS AND REPLACED THEM WITH NEW ...WHAT M I DOING WRONG ?

Motherboard
ASUS H170I-PLUS D3
CPU
Intel Core i3-6100 3.7 GHz LGA 1151 Skylake
Graphics
ASUS nVidia GeForce GT 710 2 GB DDR3
Mobile Phone
Android
I can not update in any way. But ... I downloaded osX High Sierra 10.13.2 and managed to install it from scratch from a USB without any problem. I just used nVidia Web Driver for this version and everything works perfectly!!!

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
XL
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm having issues with my GTX 970 card after the update.
  • I installed the update, it kept hanging on the reboot
  • I uninstalled the web drivers and removed my GC and the update went without issues
  • Installed the new web drivers, installed the GC and rebooted to this common error:
  • IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
  • Using iMac 14,2 Profile
  • GA-Z77z-UD5-TH board
I tried booting in -s, nv_disable=1, etc with the same results
it looks like when I use the load web drivers option the error message is in the proper resolution however won't get past it and it tries to load the gpusensors.kext
Any one have a solution?
IMG_2883.jpg IMG_2884.jpg

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA EX58UD5 - Bios: F13
CPU
i7 920 @3,8GHz
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GT 740
Mobile Phone
iOS
Installed 10.13.2 from both the App Store and the downloaded dmg. On both occasions after the successful installation I don't even get 1 second into the reboot and it restarts. I gave up and restored my 10.13.1 from backup. Anyone else having this issue. I did take a photo of what I think is a kernel panic but not sure what is causing it.

View attachment 298407
Hi, had same problem as Macmagoo. By my side appstore update works after around 20 reboots. Always reboots after same place as Macmagoo. After installation reboots fine in 10.13.2, update nvidia web driver, all went fine. But now always when turning on my hacky have to reboot up to 10 times (as at installation time) and suddenly i am on the loginscreen and everything is fine... think the problem will be the apfs.efi. I have 2 1TB "internal" for data and 2 ssd on the U3S6 from one of them I boot my system (clover 4334). On the other ssd there is a "test-system" (10.13.0). Never before had any problems updating the system. (using Rehabman's dsdt and tips and tricks for the x58ud5 Board)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So I tried updating.

Now, if I try to boot from my usual partition, it seems to spew a bunch of error messages and then restarts.

If I try to boot from the Install Mac OS partition, I see a couple of normally expected lines

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides...
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

and then, rather oddly,

"Does printf work?"

After which nothing further happens.
Exact same here! Have you found a fix?
I had the "does printf work??" problem too, while attempting a fresh install.

My hardware includes:
MSI Z270-A Pro
2 x 4gb Patriot 2400MHz ram
Patriot 120GB SSD

A pretty basic setup. At first, the problem seemed to be just totally random, and I pulled my hair out struggling with it for hours and hours. Eventually, I discovered that if I went into the BIOS settings, reloaded the default settings, and then made all the OSX-specific changes (XHCI Handoff, UEFI boot, etc.), that would fix the problem pretty consistently. Nothing would be obviously changed in the BIOS settings; it was something I couldn't see that was getting corrupted, and then written back to being correct when I reset everything.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
CPU
Graphics
Intel UHD630
Question.. Do you need to spoof your 8700k on 10.13.2? I saw some people saying it's now natively compatible..
As far as I know, the 8700k has been supported natively from 10.13.0. I builded the hackintosh with 8700K on 10.13.1 and I did not have to spoof the CPU (it is reported as Unknown though)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i5 4670K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
This has been by far the hardest update for me

Countless boot loops,

What im going today to try and resolve this

1. Fresh install of 10.13.2
2. Copy apfs.efi to clover
3. From multibeast, install bootloader
4. Update clover bootloader
5. Update FakeSMC
6. Install other Kexts (Ethernet / USB)
7. Update Lilu kext / AppleALC

Fingers crossed this will get it all working back to normal

Motherboard
ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
Mac
iMac
When I did the update everything seemed fine until I've installed the Nvidia web drivers. Once I did that, the system wouldn't boot anymore. The progress bar would fill up completely and then just hang. Disabling the drivers or booting in safe mode didn't work, either.

Workaround #1:
- Boot into safe mode (-s) and remove the Nvidia web drivers (see vulgo's awesome webdriver.sh script https://github.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh)

With that I could successfully boot with the default drivers. The boot issue was caused by the patched AppleHDA.kext file. I had to remove it and restore the native kext, repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache. Also make sure to remove the patches to AppleHDA.kext from the config.plist file. You can leave the audio layout injection as you'll need it to get audio working again.

Step #2:
- Restore original AppleHDA.kext and rebuild the kernel cache (see see https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audiomechanicoldpatchfixremoval_applealc/)
- Remove AppleHDA.kext patches from config.plist

After making sure that I could still boot without problems I reinstalled the Nvidia web drivers. You have to make sure that your NVRAM works (use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi if necessary) and then boot with nvda_drv=1 on the first boot after the update.

Step #3:
- Install Nvidia web drivers (use webdriver.sh as it rebuilds the kernel cache afterwards)
- Boot with nvda_drv=1 the first time

Now the graphics acceleration worked again and I could boot without issues. However, audio didn't work anymore because I've removed the AppleHDA.kext patches. In order to get it to work properly, I didn't want to patch AppleHDA.kext anymore as it caused the boot issues in the first place. Instead, I'm now using Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext and it works just as before.

Step #4:
- Add Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext to CLOVER/Kexts/Other

Figuring all that out took me several hours, but now my system is up and running with 10.13.2 and I don't have any problems. Graphics, Audio and everything else is working perfectly. Even sleep seems unaffected.

Motherboard
Z170X-Designare
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
MSI RX480 8Go
FAILED TO UPDATE... DURING THE LAST BOOT FOR COMPLETION OF THE UPDATE THE SYSTEM BOOTS TO BLACK SCREEN OR NO SIGNAL I DID ADD NEW LILU AND WHATEVER GREEN IN L/E AND EFI/KEXT/OTHER FOLDER ALSO THE FAKE SMC BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS ANY AMD USERS SPECIALLY RX 480 WITH SUCCESS YET ?I AM BACK TO 10.13.1.. I FAILED 2 TIMES ..WHEN IT HAS TO BOOT LAST TIME TO COMPLETE INSTAL THEN ITS NOT BOOTING UP. I ONLY COPY PASTED THE OLD KEXTS AND REPLACED THEM WITH NEW ...WHAT M I DOING WRONG ?
It's ok for me, but with problem for sleep / wake
Do you use the last update of clover (r4334) ?

Capture d’écran 2017-12-11 à 22.06.05.png