Register

macOS 10.13.2 Update

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 / Gigabyte RX 460 4gb
I've tried all options... can't get it to work. I think its because I have a RX 580, not a RX 4xx. Anyone got a RX580 working with the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext?

Still :banghead:
Did you modify the plist? Try the attached kext that has been checked by other user playing wiht XFX RX 580 8GB and working fine. After start, try the following command ioreg -lw0 | grep CFG_FB_LIMIT and check with is the value for CFG_FB_LIMIT (it should be 5 ..., if not the kext is not working ...).

In my case, the value is 3 as the amount of ports in my card. In addition, I have lilu and whatevergreen on /EFI/Clover/Other folder ...

Do not despair, solution is coming ...;)

Attachments

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K OC 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 + eGPU: 2 x RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Did you modify the plist? Try the attached kext that has been checked by other user playing wiht XFX RX 580 8GB and working fine. After start, try the following command ioreg -lw0 | grep CFG_FB_LIMIT and check with is the value for CFG_FB_LIMIT (it should be 5 ..., if not the kext is not working ...).

In my case, the value is 3 as the amount of ports in my card. In addition, I have lilu and whatevergreen on /EFI/Clover/Other folder ...

Do not despair, solution is coming ...;)
I'll try again in the morning... but yes I tested using ioreg -lw0 | grep CFG_FB_LIMIT.

I have not been using lilu and whatevergreen at all. I thought that you only needed the deinit? command? My RX580 has been working fine with out them.

If you do need lilu/whatevergreen, then it explains why I'm not getting anywhere!

I'll post back in the morning.

Edit: I notice the attached file is different to the original AMD9xxx... file in size and contents, or is it because I'm looking at it from a W10 PC?

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
I'll try again in the morning... but yes I tested using ioreg -lw0 | grep CFG_FB_LIMIT.

I have not been using lilu and whatevergreen at all. I thought that you only needed the deinit? command? My RX580 has been working fine with out them.

If you do need lilu/whatevergreen, then it explains why I'm not getting anywhere!

You are right. whatever green is not longer needed. I'm using lilu because my audio is done through AppleALC.kext ...

Good luck next time ¡¡¡

Motherboard
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics

Edit: I notice the attached file is different to the original AMD9xxx... file in size and contents, or is it because I'm looking at it from a W10 PC?
Ops, attached again ... This file is coming from a guy that is using XFX 580 8gb, similar than yours, doesn't it?

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 2080Ti
Mac
iMac
Up:

“So, after combo install and NVIDIA web drivers it doesn’t boot anymore. This after the NVIDIA...

How can I boot now? Is there a way to uninstall NVIDIA web drivers without accessing to OS X, for example, from recovery?”

Please, I need this to work!
I managed this:

I made a new osx installation on the usb stick. Then I deleted the Nvidia drivers and I installed it again.

The problem was the script (webdriver.sh) that I used to install the Nvidia drivers: This made my system not to work. Now I used the Nvidia installer and everything works fine!

Motherboard
HP All-In-One 23g013w Clover Bootloader UEFI
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690T (Haswell) 2.5 GHz Dual Core
Graphics
Intel 4600 HD (GT2)
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I let all the kexts in Clover.../.../other both in my laptop (DSDT/SSDTs) and desktop (Clover hot patches) and they work fine.
Yeah, I get it, but I could have sworn at one time that @RehabMan stated some need to be in /Library/Extensions and would not work correctly in the ../Other/ directory..

Motherboard
Biostar TZ77XE4
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple
Mobile Phone
Android
Motherboard
MSI z87 mpower max
CPU
Intel I7 4770k
Graphics
Gainward Nvidia 760 2GB Phantom
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
The update didn’t go smoothly this time. Update installed and I arrived on the desktop (checked about this Mac:10.13.2). I then proceeded to instal sound but after the reboot I am stuck on the loading bar(reaching the end then stuck)
I used parted magic to change the epfs file though I don’t think I need to (system definition iMac 14.2), removed the sound kext and placed a clean config.plist.
After reboot I am still stuck at the loading bar (still reaching the end).
What else can try to get back to the desktop? I really don’t feel like installing everything again... please help