CPU
i7 - 4790K
Graphics
GTX1070
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
After removing my GFX cards the install went fine. That bug is still there that gets stuck on the onboard VGA that I cannot disable. Sound and USB fine nothing to reinstall

Edit,

Just updated my i7 Nuc , all went fine just reinstalled audio.

Edit,

Just installed on an Asrock H61MV-ITX I7 @ 3.3 Ghz with a GT 1030 all went fine , just wanted to see what the APFS speed was , and I have not noticed any real improvements. All my systems are using SSD's only this one is using APFS.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Coffee Lake i8700K
Graphics
MSI 1070 Ti Gaming 8g
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Update went painlessly, but nVidia drivers not working anymore

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 3020
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
HD 5450
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Update broke my 10.13.1 Nuc5i5MYBE build. The update sent the thing into an endless reboot spin, and I can't even boot to safe mode, no matter what I do with caches and kexts and patches. The verbose mode scrolls through real fast and reboots when the error occurs, even when selecting "do not reboot on KP" in clover. The original build was done according to RehabMan's guide and followed word for word. 13.1 update went seamlessly, but not 13.2... will see if I need to reinstall from scratch. HS till now was more pain than joy...

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i5-8400 2.8 GHz
Graphics
Radeon RX580 8GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Smooth install! I only had to reinstall sound.
"Only" reinstall sound? Haha -- Sound was the hardest part for me when building my system.

Update broke my 10.13.1 Nuc5i5MYBE build. The update sent the thing into an endless reboot spin, and I can't even boot to safe mode, now matter what I do with caches and kexts and patches. The verbose mode scrolls through real fast and reboots when the error occurs, even when selecting "do not reboot on KP" in clover. The original build was done according to RehabMan's guide and followed word for word. 13.1 update went seamlessly, but not 13.2... will see if I need to reinstall from scratch. HS till now was more pain than joy...
it broke my skull canyon too, now i'm trying to restore from Time Machine

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 3020
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
HD 5450
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Lucky you - you have a backup :)
I was brave (or stupid, depending on how you like to look at it) and simply upgraded.
OK, not a daily driver and certainly not my "mission critical" system, but still...

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
My Skull Canyon is working great. Just make sure you update Lilu.kext before you update. Replace in /Library/Extensions/.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i5 4670K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK so quick question.

Do i download apfs.efi and place it in my boot efi folder, then run the combo update?

Or will the combo update replace the apfs.efi file on its own

Thanks

Motherboard
GA-X99-DESIGNARE EX
CPU
i7-6950x
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Same issue here with a RX Vega 64 :(
Same problem also. Looking at the graphics card, all of the LEDs are flashing on & off. The only good thing is Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 works somewhat. It still crashes, but at least the screen now updates. I took lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext out. I don't notice a difference with or without.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Or will the combo update replace the apfs.efi file on its own
The update is written for Macs and Macs do not use Clover so how would it find the Clover folder to update apfs.efi ?