Not open for further replies.
no problem at all

HP 4530s:
Before installing:
Needs FakeSMC in Clover EFI partition
Needs updated Lilu in Extensions

After Installing:
Need to repatch audio after install

Works flawlessly with these steps taken.

The update is won't install. (Installing remaining time.. , restart and I stayed at 17C88.)
Tried it:
From App Store
From Terminal with: softwareupdate -ia
With official update from Apple.
Same result.

Seems the patches to correct the kernel flaws that cause the Spectre and Meltdown bugs don't slow the computer down too much. Which is good news.

Thanks for updating the download link @tonymacx86 - it hasn't shown up in my App Store yet.

:)

Please post your specs in your signature.

If you have an iGPU (Intel) take out your GPU, go to nVidia panel, and uninstall the driver completely.

Then restart, and install:
https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104.pkg

Shut down and put GPU back.

Had the same issue after updating to the latest nvdia driver (104) - tried this - no luck. Titan Card doesn't show up, nvdia panel reverts back to osx driver after telling me .104 is "not compatible with my current OS".

I've got the latest version of lilu, fakesmc, nvdiagraphicsfixup, and a few realtek kexts in the clover/kexts/other folder.

Any one running a Titan X card successfully?

Some more background: I initially changed my systemversion to 17C89 to try using the older driver. That didn't work, so I just reverted the systemversion file back to 17C205. And that's what it shows under "about this mac".

Curious why the driver still thinks its not compatible with my version of the OS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back