Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use this webdriver script to make the drivers load.
Code:
sudo ./webdriver.sh -m

Unfortunately this caused my install to get stuck on the Apple screen during boot. I had to use recovery to remove the Kext and then boot. Editing the build number and installing the Web Drivers again worked flawlessly for me.

I will just watch for the Nvidia driver update and then change my build number back.

I don't know why people updated to this when .3 is around the corner.

Meltdown and Spectre? You've not heard of them?

I have, but if you have a good password and don't run admin account you're ok for now.

Your computer is as safe as the user.

You should change the installer to install on C205, not change build number of OS, the build number of OS is important to be C205 so your OS knows it's up to date. you mod the driver installer, then mod the info.plist of driver loader to make it load on 205

I actually tried this and then even changing system version to C89, neither worked for me. Titan card doesnt show up in the nvidia panel. I guess ill just wait for now until the official driver is released, and worry about troubleshooting then.

I have, but if you have a good password and don't run admin account you're ok for now.

Your computer is as safe as the user.
Actually my understanding is that the Spectre exploit can be used by javascript in browsers, so, if you're not running any untrusted apps, it's a single-user system, and you aren't using web browsers or javascript with unknown scripts you can postpone. Safer IMO to install the update.

Mac OS X version 10.13.2 (17C205) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.

Mac OS X version 10.13.2 (17C205) is not supported with this package. Please see NVIDIA’s website for further driver information.
You can use this webdriver script to install the driver.
Code:
sudo ./webdriver.sh -u https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.103.pkg
If you already installed it
Code:
sudo ./webdriver.sh -m

I managed to install the update and I can tell it's a lot smoother than what it was before the update.
I just changed the build number in the NVDAStartupWeb.kext in /Library/Extensions

Do this before updating:

Copy the NVDAStartupWeb.kext to the desktop and modify the build number on the info.plist

Copy the NVDAStartupWeb.kext file to /Library/Extensions/ and overwrite the old one.

Open Terminal and type: cd /Library/Extensions/

Type the following commands in the terminal

sudo chmod -R 755 NVDAStartupWeb.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel NVDAStartupWeb.kext

Restart MacOS and test. If it didn't work just repair permissions again with a kext installer or First Aid and reboot again. I will work.

Here is mine

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 23.39.14.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 23.39.14.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 266
Last edited:
OS install app from App Store does not seem updated (still the December 13.2 version), no combo as yet. Update went smooth, I do not use WebDrivers. This Nvidia card is too old to get them working, probably, but I do not care too much. I guess this was an emergence patch, mostly rushed for the sake of Apple„s reputation, like the root patch. Perhaps no updated App Store version of the OS or even combo will be released. But it is ok, I do not have too much time to re-update the installation pen drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back