Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get the Nvidia Web driver working, with a few steps.
To accomplish this you just need to edit your system version back to 17C89 from 17C205.
From terminal or your fav plist editor make these changes.
Once you have made the change reboot, it should prompt you for a new web driver version.
Install it and reboot and you should have a working Web Driver.

"sudo vi /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist"

Change below
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>17C205</string> " CHANGE THIS TO 17C89"
<key>ProductCopyright</key>
<string>1983-2018 Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
<string>10.13.2</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>10.13.2</string>

Can work, bot not a solution for me...

To accomplish this you just need to edit your system version back to 17C89 from 17C205.
Once you have made the change reboot, it should prompt you for a new web driver version.

Change below
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>10.13.2</string>
<string>10.13.2</string>
This got my hack back working on Nvidia...
Back to Nvidia poor performance...lol
I will watch for an intel fix...
Thank you for your help!

This got my hack back working on Nvidia...
Back to Nvidia poor performance...lol
I will watch for an intel fix...
Thank you for your help!

No problem, glad I could help someone.

Hey, guys, I've had issues installing the web driver. I was getting the message like 'OS not supported' so after browsing some forums, I've fixed it by changing the System Version number from 17C205 to 17C89 - found the answer here DevTalk nvidia #63
---------
4. Change MAC OS system version to 17C89 with this tutorial http://justindaigle.com/blog/2010/02/tutorial-change-mac-os-x-system-version/ -> reboot
5. Install NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.2 (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.103.pkg)

You should change the installer to install on C205, not change build number of OS, the build number of OS is important to be C205 so your OS knows it's up to date. you mod the driver installer, then mod the info.plist of driver loader to make it load on 205

Change below
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>10.13.2</string>
<string>10.13.2</string>

Thank you for this. I was stuck with integrated graphics and only a single monitor and that was hurting. Now things are working. You are my hero.

You should change the installer to install on C205, not change build number of OS, the build number of OS is important to be C205 so your OS knows it's up to date. you mod the driver installer, then mod the info.plist of driver loader to make it load on 205
You can use this webdriver script to make the drivers load.
Code:
sudo ./webdriver.sh -m

Hey, guys, I've had issues installing the web driver. I was getting the message like 'OS not supported' so after browsing some forums, I've fixed it by changing the System Version number from 17C205 to 17C89 - found the answer here DevTalk nvidia #63
---------
4. Change MAC OS system version to 17C89 with this tutorial http://justindaigle.com/blog/2010/02/tutorial-change-mac-os-x-system-version/ -> reboot
5. Install NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.2 (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.103.pkg)
I should have done it this way.
I was in a rush, so I did it in the GUI using Texteditor. The problem I had was permissions, I had to copy the file to the desktop, add myself to the permissions, make the change, then copy the file back. The problem was the permissions were completely different, so I went to the folder, and replaced the permissions of all the files in the folder. Kind of nasty, but so far everything is working. I hope I don't run into a problem later.

Here's what worked for me......

The following assumes you have an nVidia 900 or 1000 series video card with the nVidia webdriver loaded and working:
  • Get webdriver.sh (vulgo's post and his work) from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...isabling-nvidia-driver-driver-updated.239245/ Post#13 or from Post#74 above
  • Remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from Clover (I assume you would know where it is…)
  • Using the nVidia driver utility (typically in the taskbar), change to OSX driver
  • Reboot and make sure the nVidia driver does not load (there are a couple of different ways to do this)
  • Do the update (I did it from the App Store)
  • It will reboot, then in Clover boot into the update but make sure the nVidia driver does not load (otherwise, expect an epic fail)
  • Login, start terminal, and change your directory to wherever webdriver.sh is…
  • In terminal, issue the command: sudo ./webdriver.sh -m 17C205 (or whatever you macOS version is, but according to vulgo, you may not need the macOS version, and you could get away with sudo ./webdriver.sh -m)
  • Add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi back into Clover
  • Reboot and again, make sure the nVidia driver does not load (meaning you should be still in the OSX driver with you boot into macOS)
  • With the nVidia utility in the task bar, now select the nVidia driver
  • Reboot again and test
  • Backup, backup, backup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back