Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem. I ended using terminal to find and install the update using the following command:

sudo softwareupdate -ia

After a few minutes there was a message on terminal that stated that i should now restart my computer. I restarted, booted from mac os install that is created for the update, and that time everything went smoothly!!!

You can off course wait for a combo update from apple!!

That worked however now i’m having some issues with my 1080TI not being detected.

The display is detected as either Display 5MB, Display 8MB, or Display 33M (4K Monitor) depending on the monitor and if CBM is enabled, or disabled in the bios.

I little background -
I went from using NVIDIA to using Intel Onboard graphics over the weekend (before this update came out yesterday), because of performance issues I had been having since the Webdriver method came out a couple of years ago. So this has been two different machines, both 10.12, and 10.13 with the issue.
Everything was working perfectly, graphics performance was amazing on the Intel.
When I tried to update I quickly noticed I couldn’t get the installer to boot past the graphics on Intel, which had something to do with “FakeSMC” but as we all know the installer stalls with out it in either 10.13 folder or the Other folder.

I had to redownload the update installer using the command above
sudo softwareupdate -ia”
And based on what I learned last night I run the update installer successfully using my Nvidia graphics card.
After that I noticed I couldn’t boot past the graphics on Intel, after troubleshooting that I gave up. I ripped everything out regarding Intel graphics out of all places.
After that didn’t work, I went back to my backup config file, and made sure nothing changed in the drivers folder.
Nothing has worked so far, I have never had an issue ever, with a Nvidia graphics card being detected by OSX, or now MacOS...

But mostly I'm happy that there are no issues and happy that I switched away from Nvidia ...
Same here , less Nvidia Circus :)

Wait driver for 17c205...

Are we sure there are graphics driver updates for all GPUs in this 10.13.2 Supplemental Update? Someone over at the Apple Disussions forum says there are no updated graphics drivers included. How to verify?
My graphics is completely broken on this update.
I can’t boot my hack on Intel graphics “Apple Logo” frozen wheel.
Nvidia graphic, the machine boots, but it’s not deteching the card correctly. Card comes up as Display 5MB, or 33MB if I disable CBM in the bios.
This has me thinking they changed something regarding graphics.
I will continue to troubleshoot....

Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your High Sierra functions, like audio and the nVidia Web drivers. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- If you're using nVidia drivers for your GeForce GTX 750, 750Ti, 960, 970, 980, 980 Ti, Titans 'Maxwell' and GTX 10x0 "Pascal" graphics cards, you'll need wait until Nvidia releases updated drivers! When the drivers are updated, the link will be available in Post #1.

But, why Nvidia don't update these driver...?

My graphics is completely broken on this update.
I can’t boot my hack on Intel graphics “Apple Logo” frozen wheel.
Nvidia graphic, the machine boots, but it’s not deteching the card correctly. Card comes up as Display 5MB, or 33MB if I disable CBM in the bios.
This has me thinking they changed something regarding graphics.
I will continue to troubleshoot....

Here's what I did:
  1. Boot Recovery Partition In the Clover Boot Menu
  2. Open Terminal
  3. Replace disk_name what you named your hackintosh boot drive as you type the following into Terminal:
    1. rm -R /Volumes/disk_name/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
    2. touch /Volumes/disk_name/Library/Extensions/
    3. reboot

Here's what I did:
  1. Boot Recovery Partition In the Clover Boot Menu
  2. Open Terminal
  3. Replace disk_name what you named your hackintosh boot drive as you type the following into Terminal:
    1. rm -R /Volumes/disk_name/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
    2. touch /Volumes/disk_name/Library/Extensions/
    3. reboot
I switched to troubleshooting the Intel (I know I’m going crazy...lol)
I currently have the Nvidia drivers removed, should I reinstall the web driver before doing this?

I was able to get the Nvidia Web driver working, with a few steps.
To accomplish this you just need to edit your system version back to 17C89 from 17C205.
From terminal or your fav plist editor make these changes.
Once you have made the change reboot, it should prompt you for a new web driver version.
Install it and reboot and you should have a working Web Driver.

"sudo vi /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist"

Change below
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>17C205</string> " CHANGE THIS TO 17C89"
<key>ProductCopyright</key>
<string>1983-2018 Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
<string>10.13.2</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>10.13.2</string>

I switched to troubleshooting the Intel (I know I’m going crazy...lol)
I currently have the Nvidia drivers removed, should I reinstall the web driver before doing this?
No, that was just for getting your system back with Intel.

I was able to get the Nvidia Web driver working, with a few steps.
To accomplish this you just need to edit your system version back to 17C89 from 17C205.
Does your card really need web drivers? Mine (GeForce 210) just works with Inject Nvidia.

No, that was just for getting your system back with Intel.

Does your card really need web drivers? Mine (GeForce 210) just works with Inject Nvidia.

I have a GTX 970 the included Nvidia driver does not support my card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back