Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone going to do "before" and "after" benchmarks?

Historically security patches didn't bring any performance improvements.

For that wait for .3 which is in beta 3 phase right now I think.

Can you take out your GPU, use iGPU to install update, then put the GPU back?
The update is done and went smooth. The problem occured after the web drivers installation.

I'm not expecting improvements. Just wondering if the Meltdown/Spectre patches are going to cause the opposite.

I'm not expecting improvements. Just wondering if the Meltdown/Spectre patches are going to cause the opposite.

Apple already stated that the impact on performance is insignificant.

I'm actually told it does bring performance improvements. Because they included the 10.13.3 drivers for whatever reason. it's likely they just shipped half of .3 early to address security update. Biggest improvements to performance are in intel metal drivers which show a very notable gain in performance benchmarks. Those using nvidia. see zero difference cause they were already doing decently. Not sure about AMD, but drivers are newer.

As for impact on performance. the update that caused that was actually 10.13.2 not this one. This one only patches safari for the other vulnerability with a 2.5% drop in just safari's performance. The one that caused cpu performance drop globally was actually in 10.13.2 update FYI

not showing is software update here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back